New tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

and a love seat
eaf90b50fc5123e0f0f8a07f7fe21663.jpg

Hi, so yesterday I decided my 110l tank want big enough and decided to upgrade to 240l. It got delivered last night and I've spent all day setting it up. It still needs to settle a little bit I'm now on the look out for new fish!
I have a bala shark looking for a new home. Approximately 12 inches? Scoresby vic

Hi, so yesterday I decided my 110l tank want big enough and decided to upgrade to 240l. It got delivered last night and I've spent all day setting it up. It still needs to settle a little bit I'm now on the look out for new fish!

Beautiful tank. I hope you post a picture once it's grown in and with fish!

Oh wow that tank is really looking good. I wish I could be that big but I don't have the money or the space to take on anything that large.
Thankyou. I can't go any bigger now

Beautiful tank. I hope you post a picture once it's grown in and with fish!
I do already have fish, they just look a little lost in this big space. I'll be getting some more Cory's and I'm looking at German blue rams.. don't want anything that's a pain in the ass :)

I have never had a ram personally but I have heard they are pretty difficult to keep you got to keep the water just right for them to survive.

Not only do rams need soft water, they also need higher temperatures than most other fish. Most cories can't cope with the temps rams need.
But Bolivian rams would be OK - provided you find a bonded pair, or keep a single one.

Not only do rams need soft water, they also need higher temperatures than most other fish. Most cories can't cope with the temps rams need.
But Bolivian rams would be OK - provided you find a bonded pair, or keep a single one.
I have soft water but my tank it set at 26 degrees so I'll do some more research. Thanks

So, I've finished my fish stocking. I added:
2 Bolivian Rams .. Thanks for the advice @essjay
5 Pentazona Barbs
3 Panda Cory's ( to go with my existing 3)
2 Bristlenose plecs
2 dwarf frogs ( husband's choice)
And a partridge in a pear tree

Can you persuade your husband to get another tank for the frogs? They are much better kept on their own rather than with fish.

Can you persuade your husband to get another tank for the frogs? They are much better kept on their own rather than with fish.
I've already got 4 tanks and trying to get rid of one.. I'm never taking him in a fish shop again he always wants totally ridiculous creatures.. he wanted to put Oscars in my 240l with my neons and platies .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back