New Tank =)

Joshi39

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi guys,

This weekend im getting a 3 ft tank,(168 litres)
I will run a cycle on it and once thats done ill move my two green terrors, one BGKF and two eletric ellows across, gettin rid of my tiger barbs and two yabbies. I also have one cobalt blue and a princess cichlid, had two of each but yabbies had got to the other two, hence why im gettin rid of my yabbies, will be sad to part with them,

I would like to know if anyone thinks, adding two firemouths and two plecos would be alright, so all up i would have:

- 2 green terros
- 2 firemouths
- 1 BGKF (only 5 cm)
- 2 electric yellows
and 2 plecos or bristlenose catfish

Remembering its 168 litres worth of swmming space.

Replies ASAP would be greafully tanked
 
Hi there I dont think all your fish will work together in that tank and some will easily outgrow a 3 foot tank in a few months

- 2 green terros - will get too big and agressive
- 2 firemouths - these would work well as a pair
- 1 BGKF (only 5 cm) - only 5cm now but how big in 6 months?
- 2 electric yellows - you cant mix african cichlids with south american cichlids
and 2 plecos or bristlenose catfish - get the bristle noses far more suitable for your tank.

In a tank of your size you will only want one pair of cichlids as any more and the fighting and stress will be cruel to them. I think you would be much better off just keeping the BNs and Firemouths from that list and looking for other non cichlid tank mates.

Wills
 
Ditto on everything Wills said. My Green Terror pair outgrew the 3ft (215 litres) which they came with when I bought it in about 6 months on their own. Luckily I was able to find a good 6ft home for them before it became a big problem.

Only thing I can add, is maybe go for rusty plecos over bristlenoses because they do not have the sensitive bristles.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top