New Tank?

nitro.. its not hard use a nutrafin system ( £20 or less) or 2 its just a case of changing the mix every 3-5 days :) read the pinned topic in planted aquariums
 
Thats a really nice looking tank grumpygourami, hope you left room to fit your background on? I didnt the first time I set a tank up and it was a bugger to get it fixed on :lol:
 
nice tank :good: so you not useing c02 for your plants,let me know how you get on and lots of pics.
i would like to grow real plants but dont fancy the exra work of looking after the c02 :sad: :sad:


nitro.. its not hard use a nutrafin system ( £20 or less) or 2 its just a case of changing the mix every 3-5 days :) read the pinned topic in planted aquariums
but what happens if it runs out while im at work? ive done some reading on it ,and its not good for the fish and tank if its fluctuwait
 
but what happens if it runs out while im at work? ive done some reading on it ,and its not good for the fish and tank if its fluctuwait
this is why you would change it as routine rather than when it runs out,if you stuck to the 3 days there would always be bubbles, and if you notice any drop ( after settling) of the bubbles, then just do a new mix ( sugar,yeast and water) but it wouldnt just stop working,or at least it shoudnt, i used nutrafin and never had any problems with it, infact i was well impressed by the plant growth rate, and im no genius,believe me :lol:
 
Thanks Shelagh, I will try and get my hands on some for the filter. The inlet is above the sand so that's OK then - phew!

I was thinking of a plain black background, shouldn't be too hard to get behind it, will get boyfriend to help me again (he helped me set it all up too :D).

I've been doing a bit of reading on the plants and will try them with fertiliser tablets.

Do you think these are a good choice? Seem a good mix with some floating plants too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25-Live-Aquatic-Aqua...1742.m153.l1262
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Shelagh,will look into what you said,sorry for jumping on some ones topic :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
 
Thanks for the link, looks a good site but doesn't have many pictures of the plants on there so no idea what I'd be getting and they are more expensive.

Think I'm going to go with the eBay ones as the seller has 100% feedback, will let you know how I get on :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top