New Tank Set Up

StuDGK

New Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi, this is my first post on here. Basically ive had my 4ft tank now for 2 years with a nice set up. It has had malawi cichlids in it. I am starting to get bored of keeping cichlids so when they finally come to the end of their life or i get rid of them i would like to set up a nice tank of some nice (dont know whether right word) specimen fish. Im only 16 i know quite a bit but i was wonderign whether you could reccomend any fish that would be easy to keep and nice to have.And also planting E.T.C. I coem from south wales also incase there was any stores someone could think of.
Cheers, Stu
 
Butterfly fish are cool. I don't actually have one, but I've heard thet're easy to take care of, and they're really interesting and beautiful. They get to 4 inches. Do you have anything specific in mind?(Like if you want oddball fish, or whatever?) Just so you know, butterfly fish are sort of oddballs. :D :hi:
 
Go into your LFS, or look in the fish species index. Only you will know when something hits you between the eyes and says “I am the fish for you.” For planting ideas/advice check out the planted tank board, but decide on the fish first, as the planting etc will depend on the species of fish you choose.
 
Go into your LFS, or look in the fish species index. Only you will know when something hits you between the eyes and says “I am the fish for you.” For planting ideas/advice check out the planted tank board, but decide on the fish first, as the planting etc will depend on the species of fish you choose.

Cheers, like i said im new so i didnt really know where everyhtign was, cheers for the information :good: :hyper:

Butterfly fish are cool. I don't actually have one, but I've heard thet're easy to take care of, and they're really interesting and beautiful. They get to 4 inches. Do you have anything specific in mind?(Like if you want oddball fish, or whatever?) Just so you know, butterfly fish are sort of oddballs. :D :hi:

Im not sure, but isnt a butterfly fish a marine fish?
Cheers for the input though :hyper: B-)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top