New Tank Planning

Craster

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I am getting a new tank soon, planning on it being a Fluval Vicenza 260l bowfront. I am hoping to do a planted tank, with a half/half sand and eco-complete substrate, and keeping just cories and angels. So, onto the questions:

1) Am I going to have issues with the angels being too agressive for the cories? If not, what stocking levels would be suitable? I was thinking 6 angels and 12 cories - not sure if the angels would need to be thinned out if they formed breeding pairs.
2) The tank comes with a Fluval 305 canister filter. To improve flow (to please the plants), I'd like to replace this with a 405. That way I can also cycle the filter in advance of buying the new tank. Are the hose connectors for the 305 and 405 compatible? The Fluval tanks are designed around the appropriate hosing for these filters.

That'll do for now, thanks!
 
Sorry to bump this, but it had disappeared off the front page already and I was hoping some more folk might get the chance to see it - hopefully with some answers.

Thanks.
 
Angels and cories should be fine together.

I don't know about the Fluval connectors. I'd guess that they were, but I'm not sure. I've only had a 405 (which broke).
 
ive got the same tank with the 305 though and it works great....

lovely tank
 
At 1000lph it's only 4x turnover on paper (so about 2.5x actual), which is rather low for a well planted tank - which is why I wanted to upgrade.

It'll also then let me use the included 305 to upgrade the 205 that's in my existing 180l tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top