New tank decor ideas?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I went from having to emergency cycle three tanks at one time because I new nothing about fish until after I bought them, to only doing weekly water changes because everyone is finally cycled and doing well. Yay! So of course I got another tank. I got the Aqueon 20 gallon long. It will be a divided male betta tank using the Lifewithpets no hole dividers and sponge filters. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll probably only use one divider and have two bettas so they have plenty of room.
Iā€™m torn on how to decorate and was wondering if there were any good websites or resources for inspiration. Pinterest wasnā€™t very helpful surprisingly. Iā€™m wanting to do live plants and make it betta safe, but I like colors. Iā€™m not really wanting to make it the driftwood style. Is there a good place other than Petco and PetSmart in the US to find ornaments? Iā€™ve attached a picture of one of my bettaā€™s tanks. I like how itā€™s cute but still planted and heā€™s happy in it.

Attachments

• E513D71E-19E6-4FDC-9B1C-292126B176E5.png
    E513D71E-19E6-4FDC-9B1C-292126B176E5.png
    504.5 KB · Views: 88
find a nice slab of granite... if you can find a local quarry or landscaping shop... granite is a good safe stone and comes in striking reds or monotone colours.

For plants could go with ludwigia for some colour but you will need to invest in some higher lighting than most. So that's a trade off.

Id suggest:

Hygrophila polysperma (its a beautiful vibrant green, but good light can bring out pinks in some kinds)
A red slab of granite for a centerpiece hardscape
And cryptocoryne wendtii for a nice coppery green undertone of colour.

find a nice slab of granite... if you can find a local quarry or landscaping shop... granite is a good safe stone and comes in striking reds or monotone colours.

For plants could go with ludwigia for some colour but you will need to invest in some higher lighting than most. So that's a trade off.

Id suggest:

Hygrophila polysperma (its a beautiful vibrant green, but good light can bring out pinks in some kinds)
A red slab of granite for a centerpiece hardscape
And cryptocoryne wendtii for a nice coppery green undertone of colour.
AWESOME, thanks for the suggestions!!

You can try rocks only (Iwagumi style) or rocks + driftwoods. You can try Nature Aquarium or Jungle Style.
If you can get a big piece of driftwood will be nice and easier to scape your tank.

Use black background.
Get some plants like Anubias Nana and Java Fern for easy scaping plus some fast growing plants such as Cabomba, Anacharis Elodea, Hornworts.

Last edited:
You can try rocks only (Iwagumi style) or rocks + driftwoods. You can try Nature Aquarium or Jungle Style.
If you can get a big piece of driftwood will be nice and easier to scape your tank.

Use black background.
Get some plants like Anubias Nana and Java Fern for easy scaping plus some fast growing plants such as Cabomba, Anacharis Elodea, Hornworts.

Do you know what are the most trusted aquarium rock brands for freshwater aquarium?

Most reactions

trending

Back