New Tank Aqua One Evo 100

amazon swords work in discus temps as do the H. polysperma i mentioned . but i wouldnt listen to me im a known plant murderer :lol: id go ask in the planted section. malawi mark does have a nice ring to it i have to admit , but it implies i know a lot about malawis , when ive still got me african cichlid L plates on :lol:

wont be long mate before your say there names on the way to work lol
 
lol im getting there mate . im even learnig to spell most of em :lol:
 
im actually sick to the back teeth of malawis mate thats all there is for sale up here at the moment go on a/c and see for your self check out the tyne and wear adds nothing but malawis grrrrrrr
crazy.gif
 
send em down here mate . you cant get decent malawis round here . mine came from bridlington which is flamin miles away!!! all you ever get round here is those tanks with "assorted mixed malawis" ie hybrids or juveiles that havent coloured up / matured yet which is like fishy russian roulette . could end up with something good or could by a total nightmare killer fish!!!! mind you generally round my way choice isnt that good .
 
Alright mate

discus wouldn;t be so bad in there and as Malawi Mark said you could go with 5 or 6 juvis

I;ve tried plants for the first time with my discus set up and although I;ve had a bit of a struggle its finally bedding in. The amazon swords have started to grow as has the vallis and the red lotus I have bought is thriving and sent shooters all over the top of the tank which look good with the discus

How bout the discus with a shoal of cardinals and maybe a few corys

I;ve been loving mine so far, for a change loving having a tank that looks good with wood and plants and the cards look lovely in a group

As yours is in the living room as well it will make a lovely display :good:
 
Alright mate

discus wouldn;t be so bad in there and as Malawi Mark said you could go with 5 or 6 juvis

I;ve tried plants for the first time with my discus set up and although I;ve had a bit of a struggle its finally bedding in. The amazon swords have started to grow as has the vallis and the red lotus I have bought is thriving and sent shooters all over the top of the tank which look good with the discus

How bout the discus with a shoal of cardinals and maybe a few corys

I;ve been loving mine so far, for a change loving having a tank that looks good with wood and plants and the cards look lovely in a group

As yours is in the living room as well it will make a lovely display :good:

im liking it mate im liking it alot thanks for the advice now i have spoke to someone who is selling discus at the moment there 3" and there red somethings turqs is it well anyways if i get 6 he will sell me the 6 for 35 is that a good price
 
thats a good price mate . things to look for when buying discus . eye size - disproportionately large eyes indicate stunting . pinched forehead - not a good sign fish with this are very underweight can indicate internal problems such as worms etc , or underfeeding . poo- poo should be dark and not stringy. if its white/stringy avoid at all costs . dont buy small juveniles that show adult colour fish like this have been horemone treated .

take a read through this it explains it much better than me and has photos of good/bad exaples too

http://www.aquariumhobbyist.com/discus/beginner/index.html
 
Aha, this is the same tank I have :good: It's not a bad tank, and the lights it comes with as standard are flipping great. Though, because of this I do find growing plants a struggle. Maybe because I am lazy with dosing ferts etc, but to grow plants in this tank with the standard T5 lights, I'd recommend CO2.

You could do Discus in there, personally I have Rainbows and smaller cichlid species.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top