New Tank Advice Please

7755matt

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi, we've just upgraded from a fluval 90 to a 200. It comes with an external filter with a few trays of media. Theres the big flat poly type scrubbers, 2 trays of bio rings and two smaller trays of carbon.

Do i really need to use the carbon? Or should i replace it with something else, i thought carbon was for removing meds?

If I should replace it, with what?

I currently have 3 fluval 2+ internals running while it all gets settles, and then I will transfer the nicely cycled media into the 205 external.

Thanks
 
Take out the carbon and replace it with more bio. You don't need the carbon and it'll fast become 'used up' anyway.
 
Just keep the carbon on one side incase you need it at a later date. I would bay get more bio rings aswell, thats what I did. If you want fine filter floss, no need to buy the expensive fluval ones, get a metre of pond filter floss, its dirt cheap and will last ages. Any bio rings can be used as well at the time I found sera to be cheapest, does not really matter, they all do the same job.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top