New Stocking

Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
514
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
England, Northamptonshire
2 angels
6 silver tips
3 albino widows
6 corys (bronze, sterbai, albino mix up)
6 bleeding heart/ harliquins (not decided)
6 serpea tetra


Tank dimensions
50cm (H) x 80cm (W) x 35cm (D)
19" (H) x 31" (W) x 14" (D)

Approx 125L
 
Serpae Tetras can be very nippy and ideally should be kept in a group of 10 or more so I would go for something like Red Phantom Tetras instead which are very similar.
Albino/Black Widows can also be quite nippy and prefer to be in a group so I'd either up the numbers or not stock them at all.
Bleeding Hearts also have a reputation for fin nipping although I've never had this problem with mine.
Angels would be fine although you have to be careful that you don't end up with two males as you may experience some aggression in the tank.
Have you got any of these fish or is it a wish list?
 
I havn't got any yet... but have kept some before.I know most tetras have got a reputation for nipping but thought might be ok as the majority of the stocking would have been moderatly agressive tetras.. I like red phantons but when ever I see them around me that all looked deformed with curved spines. Is this common in red phantoms?
 
i think it would be too small for angels
 
The tank would be fine for Angels.
Red Phantom Tetras shouldn't look deformed, might just be a bad batch.
How about:

2 Angels
6-8 Harlequin Rasboras
6 Dwarf Neon Rainbows
6 Red Phantom Tetras
6 Corydoras
 
That does sound good. I have neon rainbows at the minute. The males are especially nice but at the minute I have 1 male and 4 females. I might get a couple more of those though

Thanks for the replies.

PS I thought Angels would be fine. Iv kept one in there before...
 
Let us know how you get on with stocking and don't forget to post pics! ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top