New 60l tank - can I add more?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
That's a gorgeous tank! I really want one now. Love the sleek rimless/edgeless with overhead lights, so nice for 'scaping and photographing!

It's looking great, pleas do keep updating as it grows in and you add to it. You should start a journal thread to track your progress! Glad I started one because the difference in just a month can be amazing, and it's hard to recognise how far you've come when you see it every day and changes are so gradual, but when you look at photos from a week or more apart, you can really see the difference.

Looks really good :)

What is the grass type plant in the foreground? Is it hair grass? You might be better off splitting the clumps into smaller sections and planting them in rows to allow them to fill in over time.

Wills

Ah cool :) it can be tricky to grow in non Co2 tanks but it is possible do you have root tabs and a liquid fertiliser?

If you plant it in big groups like that it can take longer to fill in across the tank, smaller groups further apart will create more runners to fill in the gaps.

Wills :)

I love those super fish tanks. Been looking for a used one as a back up.
My local (5 mins walk away) Pets At Home has “ Black Corydoras” swimming around with the Platys. If they were really suited to our local water they’d be swimming around five minutes walk away.
Speaking of solitary fish in lfs’s they’ve a green tiger barb been on his own for a couple of weeks now. I’m even starting to feel sorry for him and they’re the most antisocial fish ever. Piscine football hooligans.

I have the Seachem root tabs and use Seachem Flourish in my others so will use those in this. I’ll separate it up a bit now too. If it does fail I will try something else, very keen to move across my salvinia as it’s such a good grower and will dim those lights more.

They would look better and feel more comfortable with a dark picture on the back and some floating plants. Dark substrates also help but trying to find black sand isn't that easy.

Advice very much appreciated; I actually work for a graphics company so can get anything I wish. What would you suggest? A totally gloss or matt black or a picture?
I was also going to get some frosting to put on the lid to diffuse the light further. I have the plants so need *some* light but diffused should help too.

Also, now just this minute removed some of my excess salvinia from a tank and have put it in the new tank :good: Edited: That wasn't enough - as quickly as it grows, I'll get another pot tomorrow

Last edited:
Put some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) on the surface and use a matt black backing or an underwater scene with plants and driftwood (whatever you prefer).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back