Idea

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I had an idea to stock my new 45 gallon tank and wanted to know if I was over stocking my tank or of this was good or any other suggestions.

36 L x 12 W x 24 H are the dimensions and the tank is sand bottom with rocks, driftwood, and live plants (pretty heavily planted in certain sections and basically open water in others)

2 Angelfish (Black with White Stripes) - Have these
2 Pearl Gourami or 2 German Blue Rams
12 Skirt Tetras (Black and Gold) -Have 6 black
12 Cories (Albino or Panda maybe)
1 Spotted Columbian Pleco - Have this
Snails and Shrimp (No idea what kinds tho)

What is your water hardness? (GH and pH)

I think Anglefish need to be in groups of 6 or more, because they are schooling fish. The Gouramis may also have issues with the Tetras.

Anglefish need big tanks as I’ve heard. I know @Retired Viking used to keep a school...

I keep gouramis with tetras in 2 different tanks, they get along perfectly and peacefully.

I think Anglefish need to be in groups of 6 or more, because they are schooling fish. The Gouramis may also have issues with the Tetras.

Anglefish need big tanks as I’ve heard. I know @Retired Viking used to keep a school...
I'll check my hardness hardness when I get home.

I was told as long as I get them in pairs of 2 that I should be good to add more if I want.

The gourami and tetras do get along in my smaller tank.

I know they need a bigger tank but they were in a 29 gallon tank and needed to get moved so I got this tank for now. In a year or so I will be getting a 120+ gallon tank, already started saving for that. I don't have the room for a tank that size yet but I should in a year or so since I am moving soon but I'll see.

If you do get only 2, they may not get along, especially if they are males.

I also hear that Anglefish will eat smaller fish, such as tetras and shrimp. (Although Skirt Tetras are quit a bit bigger than Neons and such)

What kind of angles were you looking to keep specifically?

If you do get only 2, they may not get along, especially if they are males.

I also hear that Anglefish will eat smaller fish, such as tetras and shrimp. (Although Skirt Tetras are quit a bit bigger than Neons and such)

What kind of angles were you looking to keep specifically?
I've had them for a couple months in a smaller tank and they get along well.

Yeah that's why I moved them, my neon tetras were getting chunks bit out of them and the Angelfish are the only ones in that tank who could do that. But the Skirts should be large enough for that not to happen.

I'm not sure the type but I have a picture of one on my phone I'll include if you can tell from the picture. When I posted this picture on here before someone said the white stripes might be an issue but the Angelfish basically looked like zebras when I got them and the white has all but went away since.

Attachments

• PXL_20210115_024829306.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210115_024829306.MP.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 47
Black skirt tetras are one of the "nippiest" of all the Characids, especially in smaller groups...don't count them out for the damage to the neons...IMO, black phantom tetras are just as attractive, and are never nippy like the skirts...

Black skirt tetras are one of the "nippiest" of all the Characids, especially in smaller groups...don't count them out for the damage to the neons...IMO, black phantom tetras are just as attractive, and are never nippy like the skirts...
They didn't attack the Neons since they never lived together.

Now you said nippy, might that be an issue for my angelfish? I just put them in this new tank 3 days ago so I might be able to move them to my smaller tank if it would be a big issue for the Angels

I just got home and checked my hardness and it is GH - 60 KH - 40 PH - 7.4

They didn't attack the Neons since they never lived together.

Now you said nippy, might that be an issue for my angelfish? I just put them in this new tank 3 days ago so I might be able to move them to my smaller tank if it would be a big issue for the Angels
Yeah, I'd separate the angels from the neons

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back