New project i would like to share

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

matty111

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys i am starting a project today i have a tank that is set into a wall and i want to do something interesting with it so im going to make a amazon landscape.

I have never done this before and am learning as i go so i would just like to share doing this with you because i think it will be interesting

Here is what i am starting with i wont explain it yet bacause i could end up changeing my mind lol
cdc7cb15eff644367f8b5d66046da10a.jpg
612bcc4f529354189130a6289a801a45.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

That’s a pretty nice set up.

Am assuming this is polystyrene or similar that’s framing the tank to give it a unique perspective.

Just wondering what light you’re using and what is the livestocking in the tank or planned livestocking at least.

Also looks like a nano type of tank size or under 100 litres but pictures can be deceiving at times :lol:

The more info you can provide the better ;)

That’s a pretty nice set up.

Am assuming this is polystyrene or similar that’s framing the tank to give it a unique perspective.

Just wondering what light you’re using and what is the livestocking in the tank or planned livestocking at least.

Also looks like a nano type of tank size or under 100 litres but pictures can be deceiving at times [emoji38]

The more info you can provide the better ;)
Hi mate

Im useing a 6 gallon cube tank with a £5 10w led flood light the plants seem to be growing but i will be getting a different light soon tho i think

Also i have a betta in this tank with 3 otos and i think if o was going to add anything else it would be snails or shrimp but the tank is a bit small for that i think

Also have some update pics.

i have mate an area at the bottom and middle for plants to go into and there will be a waterfall on the left hand side where the excess water from watering the plants will run down into a pool (in theory lol)

I have used expanding foam to build some texture and depth so i can carve into it to make it look better.
3ceff023a3da92bf1f55dc4527bdbf17.jpg
d3f090fd0a510d533f8fe49daead6555.jpg
8a975ef35b892cad50baa795e33eaa71.jpg

Thats a novel idea, using expanding foam to create some depth and texture.

Are you planning to paint this surrounding once done to your satisfaction?

And a 6 gal tank is perfect for a betta, though the addition of snails and shrimps will be perfectly fine as these have very little bioload really.

The only thing would be is that the betta may very well make snacks of the shrimps, depends on his temperament basically.

Though have to mention that the 3 otos will not really be very happy in a 6 gal tank, they need a bigger tank (minimum of 15 gals for a small group of 6+ imho) despite their petite size, they are pretty active fish you see and they need their space to swim and flit about in.

Oh yea im going to paint it all and do allsorts to it yet it should look cool

also i have actualy been useing the otos to clean the tank of algie and they will be going back into my main tank this weekend sometime they are very good cleaners lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back