New Project - 4ft Aquascape

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DevUK

UKAPS member
Reaction score
I have aquired Gill's 4ft tank (formerly his Vallis Jungle tank) and I'm formulating an idea of what I want to do with it. It's approx dimensions are 120x36x46 (LxDxH) internal.

Lighting is still unknown, possibly dual 54w T5, or similar luminaire if I can get hold of a cheap one. Might go for dual 38w T8 even.

Filter will hopefully be a Fluval FX5 if I can get hold of one (in negotiations at the mo :))

I'd like to do this a little on the cheap. I have a pressurised CO2 setup for it so that's covered. I need to buy the filter, the light units and tubes and the hardscape. I'm going to have no money soon :crazy: :lol:

I've been sitting having a play in Photoshop this afternoon. I've "borrowed" some rocks from photos I took at The Green Machine. This is the sort of thing I'd like to achieve:

Design1.jpg

It's essentially a rip-off of the long tank in TGM, which is just fantastic.

I like the idea of a thin group of stems. I thought it looked good in the TGM long tank :) The stems will probably be Ludwigia Arcuata. Also some C. balansae around the fossil wood, or maybe Cyperus Helferi. Ground cover will be eleocharis parvula and Glosso, with Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides poking through all over :) I may also complete the rip-off and have some frogbit floating on top!

Thats gonna be sweet, make good use of the Luminaire I Made okay.

looks good. its a good idea to do a design for your tank before doing any aqua scaping

I agree, but planned scapes and actual ones often have a way of changing. :lol:

I'm not much of a fan of the sparse stems. Just looks strange to me, but it seems to be all the rage. I like the idea of the grass-type plant poking out of the rock and the scattering of the Hydrocotyle in the foreground.

Look forward to the results on this one.

llj

oh i thought it was different because of the different scape. I would of liked to of seen this one produced. Maybe another time eh ;)

Most reactions

Back