new plants

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tom & Ab

Reaction score
Im wanting to add some new plants to my tank and im wondering if my fish would be ok in a bucket for a small amount of time or would that be a bad idea. also what are the best plants to get. want to produce enough cover so my pregnant guppies will have enough cover to give birth and the fry might have a chance to servive. thanx :rolleyes:

for guppy babies, some people use that java moss because it can get pretty thick, which is good for the fry to hide in.

im assuming anything with lots of foliage would be great for them, but the moss, they hide "inside" instead of just near a plant.

as for your bucket question, im assuming it would be fine , but it depends how many fish are in that bucket, length of time, which fish, and you'll need to put your airstone in there.

Want to take the fish and a large amount of water out so i can put all the plants in easly and dont get nipped by the fish also adding some more stones.

It would probably be more trouble trying to catch all your fish to move them than it would to plant with them in there.
Just my opinion;)

Catching yourfish will stress them, it would be kidner to them to carefully put plants in whilst they are in the tank IMO.

Your signature suggests they're livebearers and tetras, they're not going to injure you.

Most reactions

Back