New Pfk

I think it has gotten a bit better. I liked the arrowana article. I think mabye more planted tanks and livebearers (more in depth).

The livebearer article had a picture of a guppy with frayed fins :S ! They could have found a better picture IMO.
i agree...planted coverage was poor

i think they should dedicate equal portions of the magazine to certain parts of the hobby so everyone is happy...i know it may be difficult for PFK but releasing a marine version instead of cluttering PFK would be a smart move IMO
That would be the equivalent of them shoving their head in the sand in this economic climate I would think, just go into a good LFS and there are LOTS and lots of marine magazines.

It has been echoed time and time again that many find PFK regurgitate similar article's and should do more in-depth ones, but this is a fish forum.
I thought this new issue was the best in months!I've only been picking little bits to read out of them from others, but read the whole one.
I

ive got it and im not impressed...the biotope bits are good and the planted bits too...but the bit on dragonfish takes up too much of the mag
You will notice that the mag is thicker than the last 3 issues, at least, before, so you're not missing out on much.
Anyway, PFK cover LOADS on biotypes and planted tanks.
i know...but not as much as id like...i know its hard to please everyone but i really feel it lacks certain things.
If you wanted more 3/4 the mag would be filled with it!
Out of curiosity how long have you been buying the mag?Quite a few back issues are very focused on planted aquariums and biotypes, but I found much of the former to be quite basic for those already into the planted side.
 
I think it has gotten a bit better. I liked the arrowana article. I think mabye more planted tanks and livebearers (more in depth).

The livebearer article had a picture of a guppy with frayed fins :S ! They could have found a better picture IMO.
i agree...planted coverage was poor

i think they should dedicate equal portions of the magazine to certain parts of the hobby so everyone is happy...i know it may be difficult for PFK but releasing a marine version instead of cluttering PFK would be a smart move IMO
That would be the equivalent of them shoving their head in the sand in this economic climate I would think, just go into a good LFS and there are LOTS and lots of marine magazines.
i personally dont see the point in PFK doing marine articles

they should concentrate on freshwater and brackish...and leave the marine stuff to the other magazines which frankly IMO are a lot better

i have been a subscriber for 2 years...i still feel it lacks, in some issues theres planted stuff anf in other there isnt...i might even cancel my subscription...they aught to spread articles out so each part of the hobby gets equal parts of the mag
 
I agree on that then, then they could possible add more detailed information :good: .>But bringing out a marine mag as well would fail I think.
Not keeping any marines I actually find myself looking at that more often than the freshwater articles, but I know for that I'm definitely in the minority!

Ahh I was going to say if you wanted some back issues on the planted size I would give them to you cheaply, but I've been subscribed only a little longer than you.
 
to be honest, i used to get pfk, but to be fair, the info in there i could easily get online and one this forum, in fact, i found this forum to be better, hence why i stopped reading it!
 
I would have cancelled my subscription ages ago, but I simply could not be bothered to lol!
This new issue to me seems a step in the right direction.
I have a few issues which are ancient, coming from a much older cousin.....And imo they're better than the majority of new ones.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top