New paradise playing dead!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
I bought a male paradise gourami/fish last night at petsmart for $1.99. He had the best color out of all of them although is fins were somewhat ripped. I got him home and he was on his side in the bag. I thought he was dead but I put him in the tank to aclimate and he moved a little. Later on I scooped him out and put him in the tank and he just fell to the bottom but his gills were still moving so I just watched but had to leave the room for dinner.

I came back and he was on his side in the amazon sword. Oh great he's dead! About that time he darted to the top, gulped some water and shot back down and went and laid in the on the leaf again but this time he was upright like he would be walking. I fed about 15 mintues and he shot out and ate right away. He's so cute. He just went back and layed in the plant after that. Even later I came in and I bend down and looked, he came off the leaf through the jungle of plants and came right to the front of the glass and stared at me. It was like one of those movies where two people run at eachother in a field of flowers except for it's a fish in a tank and not a person :fun: . I got a fuzzy feeling. He was so cute! Now everytime I walk in the room he's laying in his leaf and if I bend down and stick my face by the glass he comes out and stares at me. Then poses for a picture and goes back to his leaf. GOD I LOVE HIM!!!!! Gotta get some pics on the computer tonight!

Ha Ha thats pretty funny.. I love my paradise fish and he is actually fairly active but your's sounds pretty funny good luck with it!! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back