New Modern Warfare 3!

Aqua Marine

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I thought obliged to start a thread for modern warfare 3 which is going to be undoubtedly the biggest selling game of 2011. Its release date as you all probably already know (and have it firmed placed in your diaries) is the 8 November 2011 however as always this date is prone to change.

Below are a few links I thought fellow fans may be interested in:

The official trailer released a few days ago: http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/

Some leak information about maps, weapons and multiplayer options: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ7f-ZNg4TY

Leaked images and descriptions of game modes: http://kotaku.com/5801353/modern-warfare-3-multiplayer-features-battles-in-brooklyn-clash-in-mogadishu/gallery/

As with any great thread feel free to comment, leave other links and share best places to buy, review and experience MW3!

Cant wait looks great

i'll be waiting until its cheap before i get it. no COD game has kept my attention longer than 3 weeks since COD4. from the trailer, it looks like more of the same, over the top, unrealistic 'along for the ride' gaming, where you're continuously pushed through the game at a pace dictated by the developers, through loads of planned explosions etc. im guessing the single player will be horriffically short as usual aswell. the MP gets full of idiots within days of the game coming out. i used to play black ops, and got accused of cheating simply because i bothered to play the game properly, instead of running round like #118#### with my finger permenantly on the trigger bunny hopping and diving on the ground at the first sign of danger :rolleyes: it didnt take long to realise that the ground diving nobs died very quickly if you aimed at their feet, they instantly hit the deck, and i ended up shooting them in the head. cue cheating accusations :grr:

black ops went some way to making the MP better, MW2 was the worst of the bunch. BO simplified things a bit, but theres still too much going on, theres still stupid killstreaks that reward the people already the best on the game with the highest scores, and theres still a bunch of lame idiots playing the game that you cant do anything about. i prefer my 'team deathmatch' to be exactly that - team based. as oppose to 12 guys running round doing their own thing, thats why i play bad company 2, and thats why im looking forward to battlefield 3 far more than the next regurgitation of cod.

Looking forward to this, hope its more like MW&MW2 than Black Ops :good:

PS3 Users

James.

It's gone down hill since CoD4 IMO! I haven't even played Black Ops, I played CoD5 (can't remember the name for it) and god it was poor! MW2 wasn't too bad offline, just didn't live up to its expectations online.

I doubt I'll be buying Mw3 unless it's something special! I'll let my mates buy it first and see what it's like ;)

Dude, I think Battlefield 3 has a big shot at being biggest seller of 2011, it's continuing from a game that has a huuuuge PC following.

And yeah, I was like, no more COD I hate these games. Then I saw London, and was like ok, where do I preorder?

Dude, I think Battlefield 3 has a big shot at being biggest seller of 2011, it's continuing from a game that has a huuuuge PC following.

And yeah, I was like, no more COD I hate these games. Then I saw London, and was like ok, where do I preorder?
:rofl:
They said that battlefield 2 was going to be the best selling game but then COD came out and sold like 80 million in the first 12 hours.

:rofl:
They said that battlefield 2 was going to be the best selling game but then COD came out and sold like 80 million in the first 12 hours.

Yes I agree, COD is just TOO big to be outsold!

It would be rude not to buy it!
They'll never live up to the expectations of what people expect, people expect something that isn't achievable. On another note, isn't resistance 3 out this year :hyper:

James.

+1 to BF3. Looks so epic.

IMO BlackOps only did really well in the COD series as MW2 raised the bar pretty high.
Treyarch are terrible! BlackOps (along with World at War) was so glitchy! Last game I'll every buy from them.

MW3 will be a good contender, but only time will tell I guess.
I'll like just purchase both BF3 and MW3 lol

Just saw MW3 at E3, boy it looks disappointing, save your money just play MW2 again.

There is a new 'horde' mode (just like gears of war) co-op mode.
See below for more information;

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/hands-on-with-modern-warfare-3s-version-of-horde-mode/

Also I heard that you will be able form 'squads'(party) with your friends to earn cash for character customisation.
You may be required to purchase this feature.

BF3 said that they are offering something similar though, for free.

Most reactions

trending

Back