FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Kolykaf

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Hi,
Iā€™ve been in the hobby around 8 years (not counting the 5 gallon tank I had as a kid). Iā€™m into planted tanks and all things nano. I currently have 5 aquariums ranging from 3.5-75 gallons but have a feeling there will be more if I can successfully negotiate the space with my partner who has tanks of his own(salt water). Iā€™ve also kept paludariums, vivariums and ripariums of different sizes in the past. I really enjoy hearing about other hobbyistsā€™ experiences and sharing my own so thank you for accepting me to the forum!

These are currently my smallest and largest tanks.

Attachments

• 29C18F73-0F28-4691-A33B-6F130EDBCCF1.jpeg
    29C18F73-0F28-4691-A33B-6F130EDBCCF1.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 61
  • AD4AD66E-D744-4776-82E9-AA4D877DEB5C.jpeg
    AD4AD66E-D744-4776-82E9-AA4D877DEB5C.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 64
hi and welcome

Both them tanks are excellent, not jealous much :)

what lights are over the large tank?

Welcome! These are gorgeous tanks (congratulations, in sincerity). What's the stocking in each (plants and fish)? It's hard to tell from a distance. I think I saw Neocaridina davidi in the small one but I'm not positive.

hi and welcome

Both them tanks are excellent, not jealous much :)

what lights are over the large tank?
Thanks,
They are Ecotech Radion XR15 Freshwater Pros. I love them!

thought they looked like radion's. had some marine ones over the reef i had

Welcome! These are gorgeous tanks (congratulations, in sincerity). What's the stocking in each (plants and fish)? It's hard to tell from a distance. I think I saw Neocaridina davidi in the small one but I'm not positive.
Good eye! In the 3.5 iā€™ve got 6 boraras uraphtalmoides and 4 blue dream shrimp
Plants: needle leaf java fern, anubias nana petite, monte carlo, bucephalandra, rotala indica, golden nesaea, limnophilla heterophylla, ludwigia super red mini, alternathera reinicki mini and a couple whose names escape me.
In the 75 gallon:
4 german blue rams
3 apistogramma macmasteri gold
30 green neons
9 zebra otos
Around a dozen amano shrimp
Plants: java fern, different anubias species, bucephalandra species, hygrophila pinnatifida, ludwigia repens, blue hygro, rotala hā€™rah, cryptocorene wendtii, pearl weed, alternathera reinicki mini, hygrophila corymbosa...I think thatā€™s it.

I see one of the ottos now! How long have these tanks been running? It looks like there are some decent sized java ferns and bucephalandra in the 75 gallon (though I suppose you could have gotten them near that size).

I see one of the ottos now! How long have these tanks been running? It looks like there are some decent sized java ferns and bucephalandra in the 75 gallon (though I suppose you could have gotten them near that size).
The 3.5 gallon has been up for a bit over a year. The 75 for over 4 years but I recently re-scaped it. The buce and anubias nana petite had basically taken over the tank. The fish had too little room for swimming. I gave tons of it away. It used to look like this:

Attachments

• D4F2E3D5-A12C-4580-A038-67349FFAE4EC.jpeg
    D4F2E3D5-A12C-4580-A038-67349FFAE4EC.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 41
Yeah, I enjoy seeing the fish. What was great about it is that there was cover enough for some green neon fry to survive to a size where they wouldnā€™t be eaten by other fish.

Welcome to the forum, your bowl setup is particularly attractive.

If only I had more space...

Hello and welcome to the forum! The tank looks great and I am so awestruck by the beautiful fish bowl! Keep up the great work!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back