New Life Spectrum Cichlid Pellets - Worth It Or An Expensive Way To Di

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

davidjp1982

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondered what peoples experience is with the NLS pellets? I've been trying to feed the 1mm sinking chiclhid pellets for a few months now and I can't be sure if my Apistos are actually eating the things or just blowing dust around the tank. They certainly rush to suck them into their mouths but then they just seem to roll it around and then spit it out whilst blowing particles out of their gills. They then usually suck the pellet back in and do the same over and over before what seems like getting bored and leaving it. Are they eating small amounts in this "chewing" process? I only ask as they refuse to eat flake and I don't want to overfeed frozen blood worm / daphnia / tubifex etc. Also these pellets seem extremely messy, throwing orangey brown particles all around the tank. Anyone else noticed this or is it possibly down to a bad batch (i got these on a cheap buy it now on ebay).

Thanks!

I have been using New life spectrum pellets for a while now, this food is made from 100% natural ingredients and is one of the best  dry foods you can feed your fish IMO. 

Not had any experience with the Cichlid formula but looking at the ingredients it is not much differenct to the Thera A + which I use, I have not had any problems with the food clouding the water at all, but have heard other people say like you they have had a water clouding issue. I can only assume that some batches cause the water to cloud and some do not.

If you fish are sucking the pellets in then spitting them out the pellets may be a little hard so try pre soaking them in a cup of tank water so they soften up a bit which may help the fish swallow the pellets. 

I do have a 150g pot of 1mm Thera A + that I wont be using because my fish cant swallow this size pellet, so I only use the 0.5mm pellets now. If you are interested in the 150g pot drop me a PM.

good.gif

Ok thanks I will give the pre soaking a try, maybe it may solve the messsy "chewing" process :) Also PM'd you :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back