New kid

Oh! Fish shop guy said would be ok.
Surely fine for the tetra, only have 4
Never trust what shop keepers tell you...they are there to make $, not to give decent advice.
This bowl is barely suitable for just shrimp, or maybe a snail.

Weā€™ve all made mistakes in fishkeeping believe me. We are simply trying to help you and your poor fish.
Youā€™re bowl is far far far far too small for the fish you have in it.

The shop salesperson has profited by lying to you. No one on here stands to make any money out of lying or truthing to you. We are trying to help.

First things first. Research your fish on seriouslyfish.com by putting their name into the search function. Itā€™ll bring up a page about their needs to live as happy healthy normal life as possible. The numbers are the most important thing for now: tank size (length), water volume, water temp, water hardness, water ph etc. Then youā€™ll understand the problem. Itā€™s a site ran by freshwater and marine biologists who also donā€™t stand to make money out of you.

No one is picking on you or calling you out over this......though weā€™d like to give the salesperson a piece of our minds.

Have fun. This can bring a lot of fun and enjoyment. Best of luck.

Weā€™ve all made mistakes in fishkeeping believe me. We are simply trying to help you and your poor fish.
Youā€™re bowl is far far far far too small for the fish you have in it.

The shop salesperson has profited by lying to you. No one on here stands to make any money out of lying or truthing to you. We are trying to help.

First things first. Research your fish on seriouslyfish.com by putting their name into the search function. Itā€™ll bring up a page about their needs to live as happy healthy normal life as possible. The numbers are the most important thing for now: tank size (length), water volume, water temp, water hardness, water ph etc. Then youā€™ll understand the problem. Itā€™s a site ran by freshwater and marine biologists who also donā€™t stand to make money out of you.

No one is picking on you or calling you out over this......though weā€™d like to give the salesperson a piece of our minds.

Have fun. This can bring a lot of fun and enjoyment. Best of luck.
No, I hadn't felt picked on.
Having said that, there's not a lot I can do about it now! I'd like a bigger tank, but I also like this one and 2 tanks seems a bit excessive! I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. Maybe make sure I take them out for a walk regularly ?

Having said that, there's not a lot I can do about it now! I'd like a bigger tank, but I also like this one and 2 tanks seems a bit excessive! I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. Maybe make sure I take them out for a walk regularly ?
Hope I wasn't being harsh on you, CL is right, we've all made mistakes in the hobby...it's how we learn, and grow...he gave you some excellent advice above

If you're set on keeping the tank I'd consider rehoming the fish you have or returning them and get a lovely looking Betta, only one cause they will fight to the death. Strip back the decor slightly and you'll have a lovely little tank.

Wow, like 100L??
They'd be a lot happier.
It will cost a lot to set up. I'd honestly consider just one male Betta if I was you.
You're going to have problems with those fish, not fun to watch your pets suffer.
You'll get a lot more pleasure watching a stunning long finned betta enjoying his own little kingdom.

Make sure you pop into The Dun Cow with them. Iā€˜ll get them a pint in next time Iā€™m up there if I see them. How will I recognise them?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back