New highly contagious DEADLY dog illness

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Is it just in america so far? Thanks for the heads up!
How's it spread? Is there any way to avoid it? (Sorry if all that's in the reddit, can't access it right now).

Is it just in america so far? Thanks for the heads up!
How's it spread? Is there any way to avoid it? (Sorry if all that's in the reddit, can't access it right now).
So far yes, I believe. It started in Oregon but it seems to be spreading pretty quickly through respiratory infections. Sources say many vets are mistaking it for kennel cough.

A family member I believe works at a rescue and all their dogs died from it within a couple weeks

When we picked up our puppy, she developed kennel cough within hours, which went straight to a very aggressive pneumonia. We treated it like she had Covid, keeping her isolated from all other dogs for several weeks. We'd learned a lesson.

The vet came out to the car to treat her. She has recovered, though she was really sick. We feared we were going to lose her for a couple of days.

I wonder... borders don't matter, though we got her from Maine.Once something like this develops, as we've seen, it goes places. Dogs rarely travel like humans, but.

Most reactions

Back