New Fish Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

halfbloodprincess

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So yesterday I finally got my new 55 gallon! It's all set up, sand and all. I was just wondering how long it will take for the cloudiness from the sand to clear up? It's cleared up a lot since yesterday but it's still cloudy. This is my first time using sand so I have no idea haha.

Mine took 2 to 3 days- i trust you washed the sand before you put it in the tank?

yep it take few days..

check the filters in few days time too..

If you have a 'polishing pad' handy then chuck that in your filter on top of your other media. That will hold all the dust and then once the water is clear throw it out, it will have turned a sandy colour (funnily enough) which you will see that it has done the job

If you have a 'polishing pad' handy then chuck that in your filter on top of your other media. That will hold all the dust and then once the water is clear throw it out, it will have turned a sandy colour (funnily enough) which you will see that it has done the job

Agree totally-i used a white fine mesh pad-i have a fluval plus3 filter-polished the water nicely.

You can also buy a chemical which you put in your aquarium that makes the particles of sand clot together making them easier to be caught by the filter media.

You should only use it if you know the sponge material is safe to use in the aquarium.

You can also buy a chemical which you put in your aquarium that makes the particles of sand clot together making them easier to be caught by the filter media.

Erm.... No. Stay away from unnecessary chemicals. You dont need to use them, the polishing pad will do the job, so don't use them + chemicals will cost more than a simple pad so.... you'd be an idiot to do it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back