New Filter For 55 Gal.

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bloomsburg pa
I bought a new AC 110 Saturday and put it into my 55 gallon, took out the large Whisper filter however I left the cartridges that have charcoal in the tank to help keep up the cycle, was this correct to do. Also how long do I need to keep the cartridges in the tank, looks kind of messy with them in there but I don't want to disrupt anything. The tank had been cycling for 3 weeks before adding the 110 this Saturday will be week number 4.
 
Do you have the cartridges free floating in the tank or in the new filter? If they are free floating, I'd put them in the new filter (you could but them under the sponge or between the sponge and a bio media). They really need to be in contact with the water flow and the new filter in order to seed it. I'd leave the cartridges in for 3 weeks. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top