New Cory

Dallionz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just got three cories. They swim along together and I'm already enjoying them so much! I asked the lady at the pet store what kind they were and she told me, but I did not see it written down. Something like "jujii" Any ideas? I would like to know for sure what species they are. If you need a picture, I will try to take one. But they are larger - probably about 1.5 inches long and have black/brown stripe-like markings. If that helps.

Thanks in advance. :)

Thank you Inchworm! :)

I would guess they are the trilineatus - since the Julii are more rare. However, even with the description of the stripe I'm having a hard time telling. I will get a picture and post it today. Maybe you could give me a second opinion?

Thanks for the help! :)

Okay, here is a picture of my three cories. I'm definitely thinking C. trilineatus. What do you think?

cories.gif

Thanks again! :)

Looking at the Picture i personally would say that they are C.julii (leopard corydoras)

There are a few other similer species that can cause a lot of confusion with identifing which is which

C.leopardus - has a longer more pointed snout also the spotting tends to be stronger

C.trilineatus - the black marks on the head in C.julii and C.leopardus are dots however C.trilineatus are more irregular streaks or a reticulated pattern

Hope this was of some help for you and watch that shark with your fish it loooks hungry :p

Richard :)

Alaska - Thanks! :) Yes, I'm definitely enjoying them. They are so much fun to watch! :D

Richard - Thank you for the information and for your opinion. Sometimes it's hard to know for sure what species a fish is, even with pictures! Yes, we'll definitely have to watch out for that shark. :lol: Sometimes a shrimp will wander by and stop at the teeth and it looks like it is cleaning the shark's teeth. LOL!

Most reactions

Back