New Cloudy Cycling Tank, Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Billiemay

Reaction score
Bought a new love fish 27L tank yesterday, set it up washed all gravely with cold water thoroughly, boiled all the rocks and drift wood and it has 3 real plant in, I added de-clorinator which supposedly had bacteria in it for cycling last night and all was well woken up this morning and it wasn't as clear didn't think anything of it, and went to the shop to by proper a heater and some proper cycling bacteria, and a few hours later it's getting cloudier and cloudier is this due to a bacteria bloom or should I be concerned, it's for a betta which I'm due to get in 2/3 weeks!

more than likely just a bacteria bloom. ...cycling bacteria usually not what it appears to be should read up on fishless cycling and use ammonia to get the bacteria needed. might take longer than 3 weeks but worth the wait so your betta doesnt suffer.

Hi there the packets you've bought will do nothing to cycle your tank! As zoopkamol said you need pure ammonia which can be purchased from some hombase stores sold as hombase's own ' household ammonia ' or online. The cloud will disappear somewhat especially once it's cycled! I'm in the cycling process now and it's still a little hazey! Hope this helps!

I had exactly the same problem when I first started. The cloudiness lasted for about a week and then cleared over night. 
I would say persevere with it. It will clearup. 
Go luck and enjoy your fish.

Most reactions

Back