New Baby Guppies

PJGuppies

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I told you about my 10 baby guppies in the newbie forum..Well I have some bad news I had five of them die :sad: I dont know what happen..My water is fine I check it twice a day, I feed them 3 or 4 times per day...They seem so healthy!! They are a week old today..Im so sad

the reason fish have so many is because they are so fragile at that young age. dont blame yourself it could be anything from a small shock to just running out of energy or well ... anything i have often wondered why fry seem to dwindle in number i think its just natures way.

Argh, guppies, did the babies show any signs before they died? Did some show difficulty when trying to swim? Guppies have a couple of genetic problems which seem to be becoming more and more prevalent these days :( Its due to the major inbreeding. IF they looked paralysed from the mid fin down then this could well be what it is - no cure I'm afraid.

As jamnog says there are always some weak babies in every batch so for your sake i hope you don't lose anymore :(

:D One of my other female guppies had babies today!!!!!! I think I have about 7 though...I dont want to bother them right to count...I hope these survive!!!! My female showed no signs of being in labor!! She was eating and swimming normal...I decided to put her in the net after I looked at her and she was HUGE!!! She had a few still born but other than that shes fine (oh and she did manage to eat a couple too so I might would have had more lol oh well theres always next time!!

I have a question about the young fry...I feed them a mixture of ground up flakes, and TetraMin Baby Fish Food for livebearers...Is this ok? Also I got some Bloodworms, do I ground up the worms or give them whole? I am fixing to try to start hatching brine shrimp too to give them...Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

I use a product liquid called Liquid fry food, Interpet produce it i find it a really good start especially when they are sooo small, then i have used a mixture of Tetramin Baby flake and then now and again i use some crushed up brine shrimp which i get in freeze dried form hich is produced by Interpet.

Hey good luck with babs.

i have young mollies at the mo, they are only a few weeks old , they have been having liquifry for livebearers threetimes a day and i'm now substituting one meal to crushed fish food, mums in the tank with them as i took her out of the community tank to give her a rest from the male. i gave her some live daphnia and i think the babes eat more than she did. good luck with your new family pebbles :)

Most reactions

Back