New And Need Advice On Fish Food

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sillymisslucky

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have a betta fish called Neptune.
Currently I have tera betta fish food shrimp and krill and the flakes are about 1mm across and are red. I give him about 5-8 of gees flakes a day I usually soil it into 2 meals to try and mimic natural foraging.

However I feel like he is hungry more and I am unsure whether to give him more. Also I am thinking about buying some frozen supplements but wouldn't know where to begin with them, how to use them, how often to use them etc.

Would appreciate the help!
One more ging I would like to ask is I am currently treating my wee man on king british finest and fungus control. I have given him 3 treatments but I am unsure of how much more I should give/ how many more days

Usually, Bettas like the pellets too. My betta eats about 5-6 pellets a day, and he is healthy.
fish.gif

Bettas are gluttonous little things. They will eat until the exploade pretty much so really monitor the feedings. It's a good idea to fast him at least one a week (I fast mine twice a week becasue he is prone to bloading).
For frozen food you should buy: blood worms, brine shrimp, and daphina. (there are variety packs out there so check the ingrediants and make sure it is mostly insects). Frozen food come in packets of little blocks. All you have to do is pick off a little bit of the block and thaw it in some tank water before feeding it to the betta. Currently, frozen food is my bettas main food source and I feed him pellets every other day to give him some varriety. (I am working on getting my betta some live food though) 
I have heard flakes aren't good because they are notorious for causing bloat. I would get the frozen food and feed him mainly the frozen stuff and then flakes every now and then.

I can't help you with the treatment thing, sorry. Hopefully someoen else will come along and help you out with that.

I would switch him to a good quality pellet because as GG says flakes can cause bloat even if you do soak them. It also makes it hard to monitor how much he's eating.
I'd probably do about 2 pellets a day and fast once or twice a week and of course on some days do frozen, remember their stomach is about the size of their eye. HERE is some more info on betta care.

I am really grateful for the help you have all brought me! Hopefully I have a very happy pet betta soon!

Bought some bloodworms and daphnia today, put a few in the tank and he loved the bloodworms but the daphnia got spat out! Will keep trying with him. Also bought some small tropical pellets but I think I will cut them in half or crush them as they are still quite big compared to his mouth!

Javier spit out the Omega One Betta pellets until I started splitting them. The Hikari bio gold pellets are considerably smaller and he eats them just fine. He loves bloodworms and brine shrimp.

Great! After I crushed his pellet he managed fine with it! Maybe I will get some brine shrimp

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back