New And Improved 84g System

I had the same problems with the return pipe from my fuge. I put a 90° elbow join on the end of my fuge return pipe so the water flows up to the surface. It doesn't get rid of the bubbles all together but puts them all right on the surface so you dont really notice it. Also helps increase the surface movement and keeps the PH a bit more stable. i have found that over time the bubbles have settles down as well (I guess the algae and biofilm growing over the pipework helps in some way). Couple of pics below to show what I did.

249182921O962026531.jpg

249184140O354295263.jpg

I was also considering putting a spray bar on the return putting upwards to the water surface but dont really have the room in my tank to do it. The other thing I though of doing was sticking a tray above the water with holds in the bottom to hold a strip of polyfilter and having the return water run into there. This would really help airate the water, hopefully remove most of the bubbles and give you an easy to access mechnical/chemical filter chamber. Again though not enough space in this tank to do it.

all i have to say is WOW :hyper: :drool: :blink: :crazy: :good: :fun: :nod: :hey: ;) :D :p

you sure put ALOT OF EFFORT into this hobby!

your setup and tank is amazing! definitely can't wait for your updates! :good: :good:

phistar> Many thanks, I do love this hobby!

Another small update… for you

Got 4 more Kgs of Live rock for the Fuge tank.

PICT2679.jpg

PICT2680.jpg

PICT2681.jpg

PICT2682.jpg

Added an elbow to the return (thanks to xxbarneyxx) from the Fuge tank to help reduce the bubbles.
PICT2688.jpg

PICT2689.jpg

This has worked a treat!

And finally I have aquascaped the rock at long last ready from a thin layer of sand.
PICT2683.jpg

Pre aquascape

PICT2690.jpg

PICT2692.jpg

Then Post aquascape.

I am left with one rock I don’t know what to do with.
PICT2691.jpg

Put a pirate ship with bubbles on it :lol:

Looks great Matt, nice to see you sorted out the bubbles

Loving the journal. Marine tempts and tempts.
May I ask where you got the polystyrene layer for the bottom of the tank? Best place to get it?

Buildbase or Travis Perkins. it's part of A 6'X4' Sheet and its about £10. It's called Jabba-rock insulation.

Thanks for the reply.
I picked up a polystyrene base today at a shop called "Price Right".

Nice.

Update.....................

We have sand and MH's working, and the UV and Carbon reactor running of the same pump.

Pic's soon.

Right looks like I have got allot done today however it was cut short by the rain.

First was the MH’s

PICT2693.jpg

From the ballasts

PICT2694.jpg

From the lamps

PICT2695.jpg

Some kit

PICT2696.jpg

All wired.

PICT2698.jpg

Just the T8’s
PICT2699.jpg

One 250W MH.
PICT2697.jpg

And two…

From there I set the sand in…….
PICT2700.jpg

And then started on the door for the sump tower.
PICT2701.jpg

Frame lay out
PICT2702.jpg

Testing my doweling to peg, glue and screw the joints together and it wasn’t bad.
PICT2703.jpg

A little off however I only matched the hold along one plane not two so the tops were slightly out, this being a test the alterations where made for the actual. But!! The rain came and all work had to stop.

At my LFS pit stop today sore a mate who had left me some frags.
PICT2707.jpg

Two galaxia coral frags

PICT2708.jpg

PICT2710.jpg

And two what I believe to be Styalaphora sp.

To finish up I have some full tank shots one with a Childs head and one with out.
PICT2706.jpg

PICT2705.jpg

Wow Matt, looks awesome. What maufacturer and color temp are those 250s?

Most reactions

Back