New And Improved 84g System

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Plumbing2.jpg

Might go for this layout. The fuge will drain to the tank by gravity allowing all the goodys with it. and the top-off resovier is below the pump so if the tube goes in the pump it won't syphon the water from the tank.

Oh! got my new return pump OR6500 and I'm looking into a return manafold for the tank rim

Remember if you do do that Matt, to have a really slow flow through the fuge so that the water returning to the display tank doesnt crash in there and make too many bubbles/foam ;)

Nice one! The pump will be a 2500lph going up 1.4m. What do you think? Was going to put the return from the Fuge just under the waterline to reduce the bubbling effect.

Input Input I need Input.

Disassemble....... reassemble.

PS: for anyone who doesn't know I have hurt by back as all work on the tank is on hold. But I can draw pretty pictures.

So as I've just done it I'll add the cortolle system diagram I have done.

Moniteringsystem.jpg

Should be a decent sized pump for that application. As for that latest drawing, I'd have all my digital probes in the sump were it my tank. Less clutter in the display and it's all the same water anyways :D

The silinity and pH probe might be effected by the calcium reactor output so I might have them in the first chamber. Thanks Ski!

As for the sump I have ditched the 'rubbermaid' sump idea for a glass one. got a 40 x18x 12 for the job.

OK I've been off with a bad back for some time but there has been progress.

First was the new sump. Was using the "rubbermaid" style sump but good old flee bay came up with a 98p offer I could not refuse.
PICT1983.jpg

Troble was as you can see the tanks too big for the stand. So have to give it a bit of 'jigery pokery' and make it fit
PICT1981.jpg

Second the rock is curing niceley, algea bloom as expected.
PICT1997.jpg

PICT1994.jpg

Littel mod to the skimmer to up the water level in the chamber.
PICT2006.jpg

After 30 seconds
PICT2002.jpg

Yum yum! fish poo!!!!

Next was the reading of some of the hobbys more chemical litritur and I've got myself 1Kgs of
PICT1999.jpg

If anyone can tell me what I'm using it for I'lkl be well imperssed!

Last is nthe RO game . we will start with a pic you tell me where the RO was and then where it is now.
PICT2011.jpg

Anyone>?

Clue........

PICT2009.jpg

Got it yet?

yep! you found it took my missis 7 days!!!

PICT2015.jpg

Thats it I'm afraid. Me and the missis have 'number two' on the way so might not get round to finishing the tank at this location, however the missis knows that the new house has to have a grage off the loung/living room for a 'hole in the wall' tank.

Watch this space

Wow, looks good Matt. And congrats on #2 :lol:

Btw, you damned cheater... Great outsourcing for GFO there

LOL........ might have knowen you'ed be up to the challange. GFO @ £9.86/Kg ($18.93) could go wrong. Did you know already? I have some other chemical on the way but I'm still testing them.

What size pump are you using? Seems like some pretty thin diameter tubing to me...

Ocean Runner 6500

Do you think I should stept up the 'main' to 32 have the sump T to 25 then step to 20 then 12. the top T have in 32 stepping down to 25 then 20 for the outlets?

Yeah I'da used 32mm all the way to the top and then gone down from there.

The outlet on the return is 1" BSP so would make sence to go with the 32mm. I'll get the drawing don't and see about placing the order.

Returnw-t.jpg

Right think I've got it now. Have missed out the 1" F/M BSP to 32mm fitting and one of the 20>12 reduceres.

Came to £32.38, thanks for the help SKi!

The tank build id booked in and I have sent the Missis and the littel one away to Ireland for 4 days mid November. Gives me time to sort out the Logistics of a tank swap. build the new return lines and get the rock work done. before thay come back.

Looks much hapierer to me :D. But man, we have to wait till november? Gonna go through a lot of beer sittin around waitin for this one :lol:

Most reactions

Back