FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Chad

Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Greetings all!
I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community. That's going to take some time and I'm going to be out there every day answering questions and making posts so that everyone gets to know me.

The one thing I think is important for you to know about me is that I'm a fish guy. I even have a personalized plate on my car that's related to fishkeeping. I said yes to being admin because I love all things fishkeeping. I started with guppies when I was a little boy and have been keeping things alive in water ever since then.

I've kept planted tanks (and eventually learned to keep the brown off the leaves)...
29gallon_old.jpg

And now I keep reef tanks (well, I still have one small planted tank I just couldn't get rid of). This is my 210 gallon reef...
210_fts_05012012.jpg

I'm active locally with coral propagation and fish rescue. We're fortunate here in Arizona that we have several very good LFS and two public aquariums.

If you're worried about changes I understand but I don't plan on making a lot of changes around here. My main goal is to become a part of the community and then work to make the community larger.

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm here and that I'm not going to change everything or annoy you and above all that I am an experienced aquarist and not some hack who doesn't know a platy from a molly!

Oh...and I love pygmy puffers, ornamental shrimp, and corys! So if you have them expect me to gush over your pics.

I'm always happy to see more Cory fans!

Thanks all!

@phoenixgsd are you in Phoenix, AZ?

Looking at the cory comment (Ruskull) and the 20x cherry shrimp in your signature (Noahs ark6) here's what I am thinking...a 6 gallon Sanzon Iwagumi tank with 8 pygmy corys and about 5 cherry shrimp and some basic plants. Should I start the build thread now? ;)

Thanks all!

@phoenixgsd are you in Phoenix, AZ?

Looking at the cory comment (Ruskull) and the 20x cherry shrimp in your signature (Noahs ark6) here's what I am thinking...a 6 gallon Sanzon Iwagumi tank with 8 pygmy corys and about 5 cherry shrimp and some basic plants. Should I start the build thread now? ;)
Please do :drool: i, and many others i'm sure follow with interest :good:

Please do :drool: i, and many others i'm sure follow with interest :good:
Okay...give me a little time to get organized and I will start planning it out. It will be a couple of weeks...

no, im in the uk, phoenix is the name of the company i own, the gsd is because i have german shepherd dogs

Got it...I'm right next door to Phx, AZ and work there so I thought I had a neighbor...but no... :(

Welcome, tcamos> :hi:

It sounds like you might be a member of an aquarium society. If so, you are welcome to add a link to your signature.

I used to have three clown loaches...loved them! What great animals loaches are. I gave up my clowns when I went to planted tanks because they kept digging the plants up.

I only have 7 Trilineatus Corys but I'd have more if my wife would allow a bigger tank........... :rolleyes:

I could never find three lines locally. They have great markings.

Most reactions

Back