Well after a long search on Craigslist and $$ later, I found a nice Oceanic 58gallon (36x18x20) aquarium with a Cherry Oak stand. I have been wanting to set up my first aquarium for myself and my little boy. I was originally pondering one big Oscar, but I think he and my wife would enjoy a larger variety.
So I am thinking about a more "traditional" community tank. The following is a list I have compiled from research. I currently have one red Betta (Merlin) in a bowl and would like to give him a home in the new tank if possible. If I could get any thoughts or opinions on mixing the following, it would be greatly appreciated!
1. Clown Loach
2. Kuhli Loach
3. Merlin the Betta
4. BN Pleco
5. Dwarf Gourami
6. Tetras (cardinal or neon or whatever)
7. upside-down cat
8. RTBS
9. Bala Shark (too big eventually perhaps)
10. Silver Dollars
11. Orange-finned Loach (only seen in books...beautiful!)
12. Algae eater (unk species)
13. Kissing Gourami
14. Flying Fox
15. killifish
16. Ram
These dont include multiples of each. I understand some of those are shoaling. Obviously, I dont intend to stock this approx. 60 gallon tank with all from the above list. Are there any that stick out that I should absolutely avoid? Which should I add first? A lot to ask I know. Thanks! Look forward to the responses.
So I am thinking about a more "traditional" community tank. The following is a list I have compiled from research. I currently have one red Betta (Merlin) in a bowl and would like to give him a home in the new tank if possible. If I could get any thoughts or opinions on mixing the following, it would be greatly appreciated!
1. Clown Loach
2. Kuhli Loach
3. Merlin the Betta
4. BN Pleco
5. Dwarf Gourami
6. Tetras (cardinal or neon or whatever)
7. upside-down cat
8. RTBS
9. Bala Shark (too big eventually perhaps)
10. Silver Dollars
11. Orange-finned Loach (only seen in books...beautiful!)
12. Algae eater (unk species)
13. Kissing Gourami
14. Flying Fox
15. killifish
16. Ram
These dont include multiples of each. I understand some of those are shoaling. Obviously, I dont intend to stock this approx. 60 gallon tank with all from the above list. Are there any that stick out that I should absolutely avoid? Which should I add first? A lot to ask I know. Thanks! Look forward to the responses.







