New 55

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SBL

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello all, about 2-3 weeks ago i set up an African cichlid tank. I've never tried them before and thought it would be something fun to start, I knew all the basics, lot of rock work, coral or argonite sand/gravel, high ph, more fish = less aggression. And all is going well in all 6 of my fish.
I have
2 D. Compressiceps- I realize these will grow bigger, 10-12 in, especially since the bigger one is def. a male
2 Red Empress- Def. male and female, male has colored up greatly and is leader of tank
2 OB Zebra Mbuna- def 2 male, thinking of trading for male fuelliborni

I'm probably swapping the female Red, the smaller Compressiceps, and both mbuna to get the Fuelliborni, Yellow jake peacock male, and male acei.

As you can see I want an all male tank, seems interesting concept to me and I've seen many done.
Any thoughts and suggestions to be made?

Only thing I can say is, sexing acei is almost impossible. The females have egg spots and the same colors as the males. I could only sex mine once the female was holding eggs.

IT's bad bc after looking through and searching i have so many possibilities beside just an all male peacock tank, all I know is for a fact I'm keeping my Compressicep Male and Red Empress male

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back