New 40G Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BaylorPerez

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well, i had recently gotten a new 40G tank. So i plan on having my Corydoras catfish( 5) in the tank along with my 4 BlackSkirt Tetras and 2 Amanos , My only question is, besides neon tetras, and Zebra Danios, What other fish could i have in the tank that wont try to eat my other fish. As i am thinking of a Rainbow Shark but that may be a bad idea due to the Corys lack of territorial instinct.

I would possibly add a few more of the black skirt tetras to male a bigger school, maybe another 4 so you have 8 altogether.

Are you looking for another schooling fish? If so, rummynose tetra or hengeli rasbora get my vote, I have them both at the moment and they are great schooling fish, very peaceful.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Zebra danios wouldn't really be suitable for that set up; they do better as a temperate fish rather than as a tropical.

i figured that with zebra danios, but as for my mother she doesnt care towards those fish's needs, which sucks. 

As for specific type of fish, for my 40 i dont really care about the color of the fish, as for my 55 ( soon to be 75 ) will be a color tank with more cichlids and maybe some Fake plants.

On the note for my 40, with a 60G filter, would i be able to hold more fish within the tank due to the heavier filter or is that a "myth" ive been told by my LFs. 

as for fish, Rasboras dont they get pretty big?

Rainbows are way too mardy, I have 1 and he hates everything, chases everything but only at certain times of the day. He is very odd, once he goes though I won't get another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back