New 20 gallon

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ron

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I got 2 new tanks, for free, today!!! One is a 20 gallon, the other a 30 gallon. I'm gonna get a figure 8 puffer and put him in teh 30, but I still don't know what I'm gonna put in the 20 yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on a freshwater, easy to care for, cheaper ranged fish that I can put in there? I would like a nice, colorful veriaty. Please any suggestions on what I shoudl put in there? Thanks!
Ron

Colourful hey...you could try an amazonian tank including cardinals, rams other tetras and many more fish from the amazon. :D

Or simply a betta family with some cardinals cories and maybe if there room danios. ;)

It sounds great, can't wait untill you choose!!!!

If I could redo my 20G I'd just put maybe 3 different schools in it. I think this would be a lot prettier than all different fish. My favorite small fish is the cherry barb. It is dark red and grows to about 2in. They are really fun fish, always active and visible in the tank. They are very peaceful, not like some other barbs. I also really like my danios. I'm easily amused, gotta love a fish that zips around all day. The fish I like least in my tank is my gourami. It's beautiful but really boring. Picking out fish is so much fun!

In fact all the barbs I have ever had were aggressive so in the end i tend to stay away from them (no offence) but I may add some less aggressive ones into my new tank in cycling...YAY :D

In fact all the barbs I have ever had were aggressive so in the end i tend to stay away from them (no offence) but I may add some less aggressive ones into my new tank in cycling...YAY :D

That amazon set up sounds good. I would like to get two chools of differant tetras or something. How many tetras could there be in one school. (1 school being a kind of tetra) What species do you recomend for a 20 gallon? Kossy, that betta family sounds neat. Would that be just females, or what do you mean by that? How about angels? This is so fun! Thanks, guiys for the great ideas!!
Ron

Most reactions

Back