New 125L Set Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cambojnr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I arrived in Australia and finally got our stuff the other week, so I have set up my tank with new wood, black sand and black background. Just need some plants which I wanted to be anubais on the wood but at $27 for a small plant in Aussie land it's a bit extortionate, so will settle for java instead, any ideas for background plants and foreground in a no co2 injection system would be nice, as for stocking I plan on some rummynoses, blue rams, leopard Corys and either a bristlenose our some Otos. Doing this of a family members phone as with being in a 3rd world country it takes 6 weeks for them to connect Internet to the new house we are renting, so will update when I get proper Internet on my tablet as its hard to organise and type on this stupid thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 114
Where in Australia are you? The store i was at today had large Anubis for $25

The tank is nearly cycled and will be adding some of my fish hopefully within the next week, I have since changed the layout of the wood a bit and will hopefully be adding some amazon swords to mask the heater and filter intake and jungle val along the back and left hand side as well soon.
image.jpg

I like how you have rearranged the wood-looks more natural that way. What about some cryptocoryne wendittii for the foreground? I have low tech plants and it is doing very well.

Only really want Amazonian plants, as trying for a not to strict bio tape set up, and I though that with the wood to. As after a month of staring at it while cycling, I started to dislike more and more.

Lovely wood, a nice feature indeed.

Am a little confused, in your first post you mention you set up the tank with black sand, however, unless am colour blind, that sand looks a natural colour, nice though and i like it but just wonder about the black sand.....

Jungal val and amazon sword will look great and will add to what is a lovely tank already! 
yes.gif

Ch4rlie said:
Lovely wood, a nice feature indeed.

Am a little confused, in your first post you mention you set up the tank with black sand, however, unless am colour blind, that sand looks a natural colour, nice though and i like it but just wonder about the black sand.....

Jungal val and amazon sword will look great and will add to what is a lovely tank already! :nod:
yea when I bought it looked black, but when cleaned and in the tank it does look like a more natural colour, but I ain't to bothered as it looks alright with the black background and wood, was thinking about maybe adding some darkish coloured stones if I can find any in store that ain't an extrotinate prices.

Night before adding fishys water change,also added some young swords.
image.jpg

Coming together well! Lots more plants and it'll be real special. ;)

TallTree01 said:
Coming together well! Lots more plants and it'll be real special. ;)
yea they didn't have any val that was not covered in algae, but they are getting some in Tuesday, and the only plants they had that were Amazonian are the 3 little swords I got, getting some juli corys tomorrow as can not afford sterbai corys yet, be $200 for the 10 and they wanna order them in for Thursday and me collect the same day with them putting them in their tanks and then being caught and put in mine, and that will be to stressful for them I imagine.

Sterbais can be really expensive. :/
Been down that route before lol. Juliis are real nice too though. Very similar to sterbais. Sweet fellas. Remember the pics on Thursday :p

Should be getting the Julia tomorrow as they had quite a few in, only baby's though so if they have 10 will get them all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back