Never Been So Excited

I will upload the minute I walk in the door! I had a horrible few hours last night. Mom didn't like my b- on my report card, and was going to force me to rehome my females!! I cleaned the house, did things she'd been begging Me too, and cooked her favorite meal. She relented on the condition she gets to name them, so, that's what's going to happen. And she renamed Helaku, to Bob
Lol sounds like an unusual condition! Glad she relented though :D

I'm 99% sure she was going to make me rehome them until she got home and saw them xD

I'm trying xD Bob won't hold still, Sakima keeps diving behind the filter, and Alen alternates between flaring at his reflection and blowing bubbles! The chicks get in fights over who gets to be upfront! I will have some up tonight - I swear!!
I got 24 decent ones xD I'm uploading them to photobucket!

HERE ARE THE PICTURES!

Female Tank!
222d7c51.jpg

Lomasi!
81bb83b0.jpg

Leotie - She has a greener tinge on her tail than in this pic
61175531.jpg

Aiyana!
7d9a2c3b.jpg

Elan
c8e9881b.jpg

1ae62d8a.jpg

Bob
b52c7e59.jpg

Bob Flaring at Elan when Elan got too close to the divider for his comfort XD
cc96017f.jpg

Sakima
fbd9deda.jpg

Help
I had a Biorb 30 litre Tank + Heater Temp gauge rocks ect for Christmas, filled with water plus chemicals and left for one week. Took Sample to pet shop and they done all checks to keep tropical fish and all ok. So I thought I would start with 1 Male Betta and add 2 females on the next weekend. 26 hours later he was dead at bottom of tank. Took it back to the pet shop and they said take out 7 Litres of water and replace and add chemicals and leave for 1 week. Went back 1 week later had water sample checked, all ok so got 1 male and 2 females. 30 hours later male dead at bottom of tank, next day 1 female dead at bottom of tank and one day later last female still alive. The temp gauge is reading 25 degees C 77 f. Have the light on for about 5 hours a day, and fed them once a day with a small pinch of Aquarian flake food. What am I doing wrong, if this last female dies this week Im giving in.

You can't keep a male Betta with females.
Your tank is only really big enough for 1 male & maybe a few shrimp.
It also sounds like your tank isn't cycled.
Please read the beginners section here

+1

You can keep females with a male if the conditions are right and properly supervised to.ensure the introduction and following months go without trouble.

However with the size of tank you have, that would be unfair on the fish.

If its bettas you want, i would recommend getting a single male after doing some serious research into which gosh you can add without adding uncompatable fish as well as overstocking.

All the best.
Adam

The general consensus is, that unless you're an experienced Betta keeper, you should not keep males with females.
For someone new to keeping fish at all, it's definitely not something to try or encourage

The general consensus is, that unless you're an experienced Betta keeper, you should not keep males with females.
For someone new to keeping fish at all, it's definitely not something to try or encourage
Oh I agree completely there pal, I just didn't agree with the statement is all.

Most reactions

Back