Nervous About Job Interview

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

steppy104 said:
i'm not included in those second thoughts, am i? i disagreed with the spike hair/piercing thing!

the people at my petsmart aren't ignorant about fish. they actually know what they are talking about. and they are also very good with the pets they have that haven't been sold yet. i seen them spoiling the heck out of one of their birds....no wonder their pets are so nice :nod:

i feel sorry for all the people who got idiots workin at their lfs's, but i've seen very few that are as bad as the people here make them sound.

oh ya....goodluck with your interview :thumbs:
No, i don't mean to be harsh to the people who are actually supporting me here. For the rest, i don't know where the heck you guys shop, and maybe its the people that are in your community. And yea, i do feel sorry for those who have idiots who work at their LFS, i did. That's why i'm going to make a difference.

Love2havefish said:
jacblades said:
dude-we were ripping on the petsmart employees that we have seen there. not you. its great that you will be trying to properly educate people.
But i'm going to be one of those people right? I'm just angry because i am a very different person, and i hate people who start judging people like that. Not only about fish, but i have a modded car and people look down on me just because i'm a girl. Even if i was hired, and you were to stop by, wouldn't you still judge me as one of those people? YES..exactly my point. I'm not just pointing the finger at you, but maybe to the others who are making a.b.c points. I don't appreciate comments like that
i dont think you know what i would be thinking. i judged the employees by their lack of interest in their jobs and lack of knowledge about animals. i dont see why you are offended. i doubt people look down upon you because you are a girl-thats silly. im sure its all in your head-like its all in your head that i am judging you :rolleyes:

Let's just hope you are a hell of a lot better then the employees of Petsmart who did this

Seen at my local Petsmart
petsmart.jpg

I hope you enjoy the job and educate a lot of people there! Have fun and get lots of goodies for your fishes B)

By reading all the response i'm getting here, that's what i'm getting. I am very sorry for all those who have bad LFS around you, but i can gurantee you anything...if i get hired, my Petsmart on Golden Springs at Diamond Bar will NOT be like that. I was actually thinking of gaining experience from Petsmart...then maybe going on to Petco. :crazy: yea..i know there are a LOT of bad things about Petco...but maybe if i'm a staff there, just maybe i could educate more to the other staff...that's just how i think. I get very upset when i see bettas that are mistreated, so that's why i'm doing something.

Draven said:
Let's just hope you are a hell of a lot better then the employees of Petsmart who did this

Seen at my local Petsmart
petsmart.jpg

I hope you enjoy the job and educate a lot of people there! Have fun and get lots of goodies for your fishes B)
:eek: That's exactly what i want to change...I'm going to try my best that all the bettas...wherever i work at are as healthy as they can be. ^_^

I highly support you going to petsmart and educating everyone. Almost every petstore I've been to does things we all don't like. Most of the employees have the best interest in the animals, but it's more of a summer job then a "doing whats right for the people and pets".

I hope you do have a great time there and I'm sure you'll at least be the one person everyone comes to because she knows her stuff!

Love2havefish said:
I'm just angry because i am a very different person, and i hate people who start judging people like that. Not only about fish, but i have a modded car and people look down on me just because i'm a girl.
My guess is that they don't look down on you, they're just envious or threatened. You sound like a head strong girl (the best kind!) and some guys are intimidated by that. Screw em!

hahaha thanx so much Draven. :D after reading all that...neg. stuff...it calms me down so much to hear that i do have support. Thanks to you guys who do support me :thumbs:

I know the rest of the guys and gals here do support you. They just have hard feelings towards many of the current employees of Petsmart/Petco. Don't think they are against you, they are just upset with other employees.

Draven said:
I know the rest of the guys and gals here do support you. They just have hard feelings towards many of the current employees of Petsmart/Petco. Don't think they are against you, they are just upset with other employees.
Yea...i could understand. I hope i can make a difference...i asked my bf to help me with this. He applied with me, and hopefully we could battle these noncaring people until the end. :D

Dane said:
What's piercings have to do with it?
you know...i'm not sure. I'm guessing people find it :unsure: ? But the petsmart i have don't allow people to have more than 2...one on each ear. Maybe its for store apperance?

catfish food said:
:flex: good luck hope you have fun working there
:D thank you, i shall update if i really do get the job. I dont want to give my hopes up!!

Most reactions

Back