Nervous About Job Interview

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Love2havefish

Reaction score
I have a job interview coming up on Monday at Petsmart. This local petsmart near my house, and I've been purchasing lots of my items from them, and i'm really looking forward to this job. :p I'm very nervous, but i hope all of the knowledge i've received from this forum will benefit me later in educating ppl more ;) Any tips or anything guys?? Wish me luck!!! :fun:

so many mean things i could say.. but i shall not...

anyways..

good luck..

hopefully youll bring some good fishkeeping skills to petsmart !!

hahah thanx guys. ;) I know there are a lot of bad things about Petsmart...but the one near my house..i can't seem to find anything bad about it...except bad advice. They always give very bad advice when it comes to bettas, and i just want it to stop. I bought a betta for a friend for christmas (i knew she wanted one, but i knew nothing about them) and after that i immediately fell in love, BUT when i bought him, they were telling me that i should NOT use tap water and use a dechlorinizer because its a waste of my money, and that distilled water is fine. Now... :angry: i know that was a lie. There are other things they've said...and i can't wait to prove my coworkers wrong (if i'm hired!) And when i do...hopefully all the other betta owners will take better care of their bettas :)

Make sure you:

a. Are ignorant,
b. have spikey black hair,
c. at LEAST three piercings,

If you have a, b and c met you are assured to get the job.

james.. said:
Make sure you:

a. Are ignorant,

Geez, isn't that true!

Although at my PetSmart:

b. also needs to include orange hair,

and c. those are piercings other than the ears that must have at least 5 in each. :D

Linda
http://www.pet-emporium.com/files
http://www.cooking-fanatics.com/files

:unsure: :blink: wow....thats crazy. i've never seen someone lookin like that at my petsmart. they're all decent looking....and rather young, helpful, and friendly. B)

Love2havefish said:
hahah thanx guys. ;) I know there are a lot of bad things about Petsmart...but the one near my house..i can't seem to find anything bad about it...except bad advice. They always give very bad advice when it comes to bettas, and i just want it to stop. I bought a betta for a friend for christmas (i knew she wanted one, but i knew nothing about them) and after that i immediately fell in love, BUT when i bought him, they were telling me that i should NOT use tap water and use a dechlorinizer because its a waste of my money, and that distilled water is fine. Now... :angry: i know that was a lie. There are other things they've said...and i can't wait to prove my coworkers wrong (if i'm hired!) And when i do...hopefully all the other betta owners will take better care of their bettas :)
Actually that's not a lie. I used that for my betta for over 2 years and he lived happily. It was actually bottled Spring water and not Distilled water.

That's what I was saying. That it's not entirely a lie. If you used spring water, it's ok. However, the conditioner is cheaper.

james.. said:
Make sure you:

a. Are ignorant,

at mine "a" would apply but the other choices would be:
b. you have an iq in the singles digits
c. you are a blond 15 year old girl afraid of hurting your freshly painted purple glittery nails.
d. when someone needs help, you stand by the cash register and giggle with your other a, b and c employees.

ok ok-one employee there knows bettas pretty well. better than the zero that do at petco!

...dang nevermind. You guys are very stereotypical. i thought i would get support, but then i get the total opposite response. I thought i was doing a good thing, actually trying to work at some place so that other fish owners won't be mislead, but now am i wrong?

First of all, the petsmart i plan to work at do not allow any facial piercings except just one on each ear. And FYI i'm a girl, so i do NOT have spikey hair. Second, i'm asian so i do NOT have blonde hair, and NO i dont do my nails. I especially hate girls who are extremely girly like that. Third, they don't hire people who are 15. Fourth, that guy, he specifically told me, "Use distilled water, and nothing else." Then i read the same thing that endparenthesis said, and whenever i asked them about medication, they would always say, " They're just bettas, why worry so much about them?"

You guys can say that people at Petsmart don't do their job and stuff, but I'm not going to be like that. I actually want to help out. Just getting the response i'm getting here is just getting me more determined to work there. :< :angry: :grr: *having second thoughts of people on this forum*

dude-we were ripping on the petsmart employees that we have seen there. not you. its great that you will be trying to properly educate people.

i'm not included in those second thoughts, am i? i disagreed with the spike hair/piercing thing!

the people at my petsmart aren't ignorant about fish. they actually know what they are talking about. and they are also very good with the pets they have that haven't been sold yet. i seen them spoiling the heck out of one of their birds....no wonder their pets are so nice :nod:

i feel sorry for all the people who got idiots workin at their lfs's, but i've seen very few that are as bad as the people here make them sound.

oh ya....goodluck with your interview :thumbs:

jacblades said:
dude-we were ripping on the petsmart employees that we have seen there. not you. its great that you will be trying to properly educate people.
But i'm going to be one of those people right? I'm just angry because i am a very different person, and i hate people who start judging people like that. Not only about fish, but i have a modded car and people look down on me just because i'm a girl. Even if i was hired, and you were to stop by, wouldn't you still judge me as one of those people? YES..exactly my point. I'm not just pointing the finger at you, but maybe to the others who are making a.b.c points. I don't appreciate comments like that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back