Neons & Angelfish

sam2793

New Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi there,

I originally had a shoal of 6 neon tetras in my aquarium. After purchasing these I got an Angelfish who has got along fine with everything and never harmed/ attacked anything in the aquarium BUT, when I bought some cherry barbs, due to their small size, the Angel ate them. I am now left with 3 neons due to death(not from angel) and want 3 more to make them feel more comfortable in a larger shoal. I fear that when I buy some more neons the angel will eat them due to them being small when I purchase them.

Can anyone advise me what to do

Thanks,

Sam
 
I fear that when I buy some more neons the angel will eat them due to them being small when I purchase them.

Can anyone advise me what to do

Thanks,

Sam
[/quote]


I would try to find another tank/home for Neons, or place a divider in and wait till new Neons grow> may still be risky though!
 
well as neons are there main source of food in the wild, i would be inclined to miss the idea,
i tried my angel with full grown cardinal tetras and she went straight into the kill, so i had to re tank them
 
As said you can try and grow them in another tank but,
As soon as your angels reach a larger size then the neons will be able to fit in their mouths and will no doubt be eaten.
In the wild neons are the natural food of the angelfish so there is only really one outcome when you put them together in a tank.
 
I too had this issue and went though too many tetras bnefore relaising it was the angel !!!! my tetras now live in a different tank :) I also ffound my rainbow fish were aprtial to the odd tetra too - depsite what the LFS said!"
 

Most reactions

Back
Top