Neon tetra quarantine - any advice?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

freshwaternewbie

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post here so I'm hoping somebody can help me!

My tank is relatively new - 6 months roughly. it is a planted tank and has only just started establishing, but t was fully cycled before i added any fish. On bad advice, i started my collection with a group of neon tetras. there are 5 in total (lockdown kicked in before i could add more!) a few weeks ago i noticed one had disfigured, bent spine etc and a spot on its 'top lip'. i noticed a couple of them had a white spot appearing on their 'top lip'. i didn't know which were infected so moved them all into a quarantine tank to protect the corys and shrimp in the main tank. they have now been quarantined for 1 month. All still alive, swimming well, eating, not being isolated. but i still see spots. Now, getting to the question!
If they had ich or neon tetra disease, everything I've read says death will come 'rapidly' - 1 month doesn't feel very rapid. can anyone give me some advice? Is there a length of time for quarantine? can i try treatments without harming them if it isn't what i think? any suggestions on what is afflicting them? all my levels are normal, haven't fluctuated since the tank cycled.

thank you in advance - bit of a ramble but i hope you can understand my concerns!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back