Needs a name!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aren't you not supposed to keep BGK because they need like a ton of room or something?

Oh man, I didn't mean to give you work! I was just curious, since it must be a bit trickier when it's an albino :) But when you know cories as well as you do, it's probably easier than it would be for most of us. Thank you for all the info and advice you share! :friends:
Shhhh any excuse to talk cories :p

Aren't you not supposed to keep BGK because they need like a ton of room or something?
They do grow huge and are predatorial so yes they do need special care requirements. Neat fish, but definitely not one i would keep myself. Ive already got myself a future monster, one or two are plenty enough for me haha

Ive already got myself a future monster, one or two are plenty enough for me haha
Ah, I blanked on the black ghost knife you'd mentioned, silly me, it's super late here and brain has stopped working :lol:
I like seeing huge fish like knife fish on youtube channels like Ohio fish rescue, but I wouldn't want a monster fish myself.

What future monster do you have?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I would have taken him too....they're still fish and still deserve a life. I have a betta reserved at my LFS, he has been there 6.5 weeks as he only has one eye, loads around him have sold and he kept calling to me. In fact, I seem more drawn to the ones who are 'not quite right'. I just want to help them.

I was going to suggest "Wink."

(Pretty lame to kill the one who provided all the food . Not sure who is who in the story, but how ungrateful ).
I'm fascinated by other cultures cosmology and deities.
If I remember, Amateratsu, is the Shinto Goddess of the sun. They rebuild her temple every 14, or 41? years in the exact way but different location to keep the negative Kami from settling in . At least I think that's how it goes. I could be way off

They rebuild her temple every 14, or 41? years in the exact way but different location to keep the negative Kami from settling in .
Hm, we have elections every few years for much the same reason. I don't think it's working.

Hm, we have elections every few years for much the same reason. I don't think it's working.

The whole lot of them...imho

More on kami and Ameratsu
(Sorry for geeking out here,... just a side note,...)

"Shinto followers also believe that the kami are the ones who can either grant blessings or curses to a person. Shinto believers desire to appease the evil kami to "stay on their good side*", and also to please the good kami."

Kami also play a part in renewal, and like nature it is constantly in change. So the shrines are renewed each time they are rebuilt.

* quoted text from wikipedia

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back