Need Suggestions

21rm

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ireland
I have a 170L tank thats planted, and at the minute it contains

1 plec
3 pearl gourami
5 zebra danios
5 peppered corys

The colours of all these are kinda placid, so i want a fish that'll really stand out. Somethin bright, and dazzling lol :D

Any ideas?
 
i'd go for a shoal of small tetras such as cardinals or serpaes, or maybe some slightly bigger fish like swordtails, which you can get in all different colours.
 
Thanks pest control, funny name lol
ya i was kinda thinkin of sumthin larger so maybe the swords wud be an option,
or i was considering some type of rainbow fish, does anyone know species that are good or any info on them?
 
I just so happen to own and raise rainbows. Basicailly rainbows need a little more attention that your typical freshwater tank. What I mean by that is that you need to be doing a 50% (or larger) watderchange every week and as far as food goes, you need to know that they like alot of vegetables in their diet. There are many ways to ensure that they get the veggies: you could feed a staple of a high quality spirulina flake (my favorite since it is also high in protein), feeding shelled peas, or keep lots of live plants as the rainbows will graze on them.

Making sure that they get clean water and good food is paramount. Here is some information on rainbows located here.
 
Hey drobbyb, thanks for that page. Its v. good.
Think Ill go wit some form or rainbow fish so
 
I have gold, opaline and snakeskin gouramis, they would look nice with the pearl gouramis. I did have pearls but sadly lost the female when she got herself stuck behind a rock and the male pined away.
 
Im not sure now lol
I like the dwarf rainbows as well, do all rainbows need the extra attention described by drobbyb??????

And star4, I like the opaline and gold gourami, will have to check if they stocked at LFS. I considered banded gouramis, cos the LFS had them before, but they ave stopped getin them which is dissappointing
 
Yeah, but it's not really alot of special attention. It takes about 5 more minutes to drain the extra percentage of water. The food requirements can be met with spirulina flakes and frozen bloodworms as a treat.
 
Yeah, but it's not really alot of special attention. It takes about 5 more minutes to drain the extra percentage of water. The food requirements can be met with spirulina flakes and frozen bloodworms as a treat.

Thats v.true, not much more work than i usually have. I do think the rainbows would be nice. Id image a group of them would look really good swimming together
 

Most reactions

Back
Top