Need Some Inspiration...

LiamGoodaire

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Me and my gf have reserved an aquael econoline 70

Basically we was going to mod this into marine bit being so young we felt that the money it required was a bit extreme really so we decided to stick with the tank but were struggling to think of a nice setup. We were thinking of a kinda unique setup for maybe oddballs, cichlids, anything really were open to suggestions

Cheers goodaire

Well, for a 94L your going to struggle to get most 'odddballs' into their, and with cchlids your limited to the smaller ones, such as apistos ect. But you can still get a great tank set-up for sure!

If it were me, this is how i would set it up. I would have some upturned 'root's coming down from either both sides, or one. With Anubias Nana attatched to them. At the base of the wood i would have a few rocks scattered around with clumps of Cryptocoryne Wendtii (mix of colours varietys). Toward the back of the tank, either inbetween both wood sections or to the side of one (depending what you opt for) i would plant some vallis. The foreground toward the very front middle i would leave relatively free, perhaps with a few small rocks placed for effect. This would look good IMO.

Stocking, i would have something to this effect.

x 5 Yellow Honey Gourami (1M:4F)
x7-9 Harelquin Rasbora
x6 Penguin Tetra
x10 Japonica/Cherry Shrimp

I believe this would look great in your tank. I chose gourami's because they are smaller and you can get a bigger social group of them in this size tank, as opossed to a pair of smaller cichlids. Which are also more inclined to chase every other fish if they breed.

Hope this helps for inspiration,
James
x1 L002/L074 Tiger Peckoltia (4" plec)

Well, for a 94L your going to struggle to get most 'odddballs' into their, and with cchlids your limited to the smaller ones, such as apistos ect. But you can still get a great tank set-up for sure!

If it were me, this is how i would set it up. I would have some upturned 'root's coming down from either both sides, or one. With Anubias Nana attatched to them. At the base of the wood i would have a few rocks scattered around with clumps of Cryptocoryne Wendtii (mix of colours varietys). Toward the back of the tank, either inbetween both wood sections or to the side of one (depending what you opt for) i would plant some vallis. The foreground toward the very front middle i would leave relatively free, perhaps with a few small rocks placed for effect. This would look good IMO.

Stocking, i would have something to this effect.

x 5 Yellow Honey Gourami (1M:4F)
x7-9 Harelquin Rasbora
x6 Penguin Tetra
x10 Japonica/Cherry Shrimp

I believe this would look great in your tank. I chose gourami's because they are smaller and you can get a bigger social group of them in this size tank, as opossed to a pair of smaller cichlids. Which are also more inclined to chase every other fish if they breed.

Hope this helps for inspiration,
James
x1 L002/L074 Tiger Peckoltia (4" plec)

Cheers James, that sounds pretty good do you know of Amy other tank in a similar price range which you think would be better? Just was hoping.for a rather dense stock or a small stock with some reasonable size in the tank

Most reactions

Back