Need Some Help Asap.

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Okay, first off, i would have posted this in the Pleco section, but im about to do a w/c and i need some help NOW.

I want to breed my 2 bristlenose. I was going to move them into my 30g fry tank, and i need to know of some house hold things i could put in there, that they would breed in. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!

Krib
 
Pots. Anything that looks like a cave thats in your home.
 
The tank they are in now has a flower pot in it( with a good sized whole in it), had some PVC pipe in it( they never went near it), lots of slate, and some bogwood. They havent spawned. So im taking them out of the cichlid tank to see if that changes.
 
Okay. I did a water change, and set up the tank for them, and put the fish in. I will have pics up in about 25 mins.
 
Okay. I did a water change, and set up the tank for them, and put the fish in. I will have pics up in about 25 mins.

I go for PVC piping personally, maybe if you leave it in there a little onger with a bit of plant cover they'd go in... but clay, or ceramic pots work too if they are led on their side rather then being stood upside down. Make sure you have lots of choice of spawning sites in there. Might take them a couple of weeks to settle in so don't rush things too much and chill on the water changes for a week of two. They arn't going to spawn within the hour of introducing them
 
I will have the pics up as soon as the comp cooperates with photobucket. Thanks for the advise fish!
 
Well, my PC is being retarted. IM using a school Laptop atm ( iMac) and i don't know how to copy and past.
 
Cave 1:
007-15.jpg


Its only letting my copy one. IDK why, but it is. So, there is your one picture for now.
 
I got it to work( my cmop is being stupid, it is having problems with here AND facebook).

008-17.jpg


009-12.jpg


011-11.jpg


012-12.jpg

Female Bristlenose
013-9.jpg

Male Birstlenose

The male already seems partial to the coconut cave!
 
Cave 1 looks almost identical to what I have in a bare bottom 20 long. I have albino bristlenose breeding in there.

Driftwood is a must, what also seems to help is a bit of leaf litter or other types of dead but not rotting leaf material. Fallen dried hardwood leaves work well for this.

Along with the driftwood & associated tannins, run some peat moss in the filter. This helps to darken the water as well perhaps giving them a bit more secure feeling.

If you need peat let me know. I'm heading down that way for an auction next Saturday.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top