Need Help With Stocking

KingOfTheSea

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London, England
Hey, after being away from the hobby for a while (only like 3 years), like a true fishkeeper I want in again lol

I still have one of my old tanks, its a juwel 120 (120 litres that is) and stand. It measures 40"x12"x18" i think. Im buying a new bulb and have replaced the filter with a internal power filter. Anyway. Its going to be light coloured sand and lots of plants so i need help with stocking.

I am OCD when it comes to fish, they must be perfect. No messy coloured/pattern fish like crazy mixed guppies, no different random fish everywhere.

I want a school of around 10 cardinal tetras and thats all i have so far.

Does anyone have any ideas... Also nothing agressive

Thanks
 
Hmmm just been looking up, maybe some silver or marbled hatchet fish to go with them??

Oh the choices lol



How about a school of corys and two or three honey gourami + the ten cardinal tetras.

Im not a massive fan of corys TBH and i used to have honey gouramis so they are defo on the maybe list.

thanks!
 
Maybe a pair of Dwarf Cichlids such as apistogramma.

HOw about this stocking

10 cardinal Tetras
1 pair of apistogramma, or Rams
1 bristlenose
10 Harelquins
 
Maybe a pair of Dwarf Cichlids such as apistogramma.

HOw about this stocking

10 cardinal Tetras
1 pair of apistogramma, or Rams
1 bristlenose
10 Harelquins

Hmmm I had keyhole cichlids before and they used to kill my neons.

Dwarf Neon Rainbows (M. praecox would go quite nicelyas long as you stay on top of your waterchanges.

I also had 5 of these and they nipped my angels so i had to move them. I am a twice a week waterchange kind of guy so thats cool. But yeah, found them to be nippy. Not that im getting angels so its one to think about.
 
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I have been thinking and so far I would like

1M 2F - Sunset platys
8-12 cardinal tetras
Maybe some silver/marbled hatchet fish

I will intorduce the platys first when everything is settled and the tank has cycled. Im going to add the cardinals last as i find thats the best for keeping them all alive.

Any more ideas on good fish to go along with these?

I think im being brought around to some cory cats. Not sure which though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top