Need Help Techno Peeps.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Ever since my mum moved my computer from one side of the room to the other, photobucket has been slow and i can't see any pictures from photobucket. I have just posted a thread with pics in it but because they were uploaded to photobucket i can't see them. I could see them when my comp was the other side of the room but not now. Can someone tell me why please?

Missy x.

its nothing to do with moving your computer maybe she has put some blocking software on there

She never touches my computer and as she set up the account for me...... Theres also nothing i don't recognise on my comp.
Any other ideas?

Missy x.

More info?

Are you running wifi? Or is the comp plugged in via Ethernet?

Is everything else displaying properly or is it just pics from photobucket?

sounds like web filtering to me or you're using something like opera which will remove images. At work we use websense which blocks out all images from photobucket and image shack. Moving the PC will do nothing to the speed of the PC unless you're on wireess and gone futher away from the router although you#d have to move a fair ol' distance.

sounds like web filtering to me or you're using something like opera which will remove images. At work we use websense which blocks out all images from photobucket and image shack. Moving the PC will do nothing to the speed of the PC unless you're on wireess and gone futher away from the router although you#d have to move a fair ol' distance.
Dont forget about interference when my laptop was the other side of the wall with the microwave I could barely get a signal!

We have only moved it across a small room so it's just as close to the router. I don't have anything that will block images because when it was the other side i could see them and my mum hasn't put anything new on my comp.

Missy x.

Ok, well it could be minimal dif from router. But I would do the easy thing first, clear out cookies and the cache.
Then scan for viruses and adware and spyware.

Then see how it is, if it's still a problem, ask again.

k. Sorry if i type things wrong or something doesn't make sense. I have had to take some ibuprofen for my bad shoulder and bad hip and it seems to make me drowsy.

Missy x.

I guess you got this sorted, but I stumbled on some info that seems relevant on a fish forum.

The reason microwaves are bad for wifi signal is because the frequency of the waves can interfere with the frequency of the wifi signal. Microwaves use this frequency because water absorbs it. This means water will also absorb some of the wifi signal.

Hey, even if you couldn't get online on the computer at least you can say you heat you tank using the power of the Internet.

If she can get on here and view pictures on here or another website its nothing to do with the wifi signal its obviously a blocker or parental control to which (if your on an account created for you) you will not notice it running.

It's sorted we don't know what it was but all of a sudden i can see pics again.

Missy x.

I guess you got this sorted, but I stumbled on some info that seems relevant on a fish forum.

The reason microwaves are bad for wifi signal is because the frequency of the waves can interfere with the frequency of the wifi signal. Microwaves use this frequency because water absorbs it. This means water will also absorb some of the wifi signal.

Hey, even if you couldn't get online on the computer at least you can say you heat you tank using the power of the Internet.

Try watching a film streaming from your pc to the ps3 when the microwave is on! laggy!

photo bucket can be like that
sometimes it wont let me up load
photos and wont show photos that
are in my album i just clear my
cookies out that seems to sort it :blink:

Most reactions

Back