LISTEN!!!!! the person who I bought my sharks and puffers from has been in fish retail business for nearly 30 years.
During my time I have been on this forum I have come across some strange advice from people who have been all their lives in the retailing business. One reason being that the retailing business is about passing (mainly juvenile) fish on, which means the staff get a very limited idea of how a fish is likely to develop once it settles in a tank and starts staking out a territory of its own. If you had said that this person had been a keen hobbyist for 30 years, keeping these particular species together in a tank your size, I might have been more impressed. Though I would still have listened to the many people on here who have tried similar experiments with disastrous results.
[/quote]
She said they will get along most likely and if they don't bring back one of the species. I have watched all the fish and they have been together for about 48 hours.[/quote]
From reading posts on similar arrangements, the usual development is that everything goes swimmingly for a few weeks, maybe even months, then one morning the owner wakes up to dead fish. I take it you were not planning on watching the tanks 24/7?
[/quote]The guppies are in a seperate breeding type box in my tank.[/quote]
Do you really think it's ok to keep an active fish like the guppy confined in a breeder box, simply because you are using it to breed feeder fry? I would have thought it was your job to provide any feeder fish with a decent quality of life until it is used.
[/quote]
Same rules apply for them and my puffers. Most people don't know this but puffer fish ARE community fish as long as their with fish a little bigger then them.[/quote]
Several people on this forum have tried this one out, and base their statements on bitter experience.
[/quote]
Oh I forgot as for the common pleco my cousins have a huge pond and a few 50 gallon tanks. I have already set it up that when it gets to big they will take it from me. [/quote]
Are you sure you will recognise the signs for when this fish needs to be passed on? Remember one has already died in this tank.
Anyway, I cannot understand the point in coming on a forum and asking for advice/approval if you have already decided that you WILL (your capitals, not mine) do things your way, and that you trust the person who sells you the fish more than you trust the people on the forum. So why are you asking?
The other matter that you do not mention at all, is that you intend to confine six fairly large, extremely active fish to a 29 gallon tank, indeed to half of a 29 gallon tank if they are going to stick to the arrangement you describe.