Need Help Choosing Which Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Confish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi i already have a tank which has convicts in and a blue cray/lobster and im am upgrading to a larger tank and want to get some other aggressive fish was thinking jaguars or oscars or maybe both? please help

3ft at least not sure what liter it will be, ill be buying to suit the fish :)

3ft is not big enough for oscars or a jag imo...

you could put 1 oscar in a 4ft with heavy filtration...but your alredy stocked with convicts.. so nope

if you want to put a jag in .... they can get to 15 inches and need alot of space,

*about 80 gals would be enough*

edit* sorry i dont know much about jags

I dont agree that 80 gal is enough for a jag, the following line is taken from a website I've looked at:

"For a single specimen 125g tank should be used to comfortably house it and a breeding pair should have 180g or more and must absolutely be kept alone. A single full-grown jag should be kept in a 180g if tank mates are present."

Also for an oscar you would need a 75 gal tank but that would be with 1 oscar only and no other tank mates, plus LOTS of filtration

Andy

ive been looking at rio 180 l and 240 l

i will probably get the rio 240 and am thinking texas cichlids or jewel ones with my convicts which do you think?

Personally I dont know too mch about cichlids as I have never kept them myself before.

The rio 240 is a decent sized tank, as long as you know it still isnt big enough for an oscar or jag.

A rio 300 would be minimum size for an oscar but even then it would have to be in there on its own and have a good external filter

Andy

whats the tanks meausurments,iam not up on rio's...
that way we can establish what your wanting and what you can have, jags need a big tank even a 180g could be small for a pair as there very aggressive when breeding, great fish to keep if you have the tank huge :good:

not sure about yellow labs as i want aggressive cichlids but thanks for the idea also don't really like the idea of mixing American cichlids with the yellow labs

hey thanks for taking a notice but ye im giving up on the jag idea as i will be getting a rio 240 which is 121 L x 41 D x 55 H What do you think?

also been looking at rams but not sure if they wud get bullied ? please help

hey would the rainbow go well with convicts and jewels?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back