Need Advise

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

seangc1

Reaction score
Where do I start I'm not all that good at fish keeping even though I have had tanks in the past I have recentley set up a new tank and was going to have green spotted puffers but decided to stick to the little bit I know and set up a tropical tank with a fighter in it I have also put two kissing gourarmies in there two I can't help wondering that it was not a good descison to put them together and I've just been lucky so far can anyone help p.s sorry for the spelling

spelling is fine, lack of punctuation is what makes it hard to read :)

Hi,

Tell us a bit more about your tank first.

How big is it?
How long have you had it setup and running?
Whats in it? I.e. lots of plants? Synthetic stuff etc?
Do you have an idea about the pH levels of the tank?

Kissing gouramis can get quite big - they can grow to at least 9 inches, so if you have a pair, you will need a fair sized tank to give them room to swim. I'm not sure about compatability with a Siamese figher

If it was me, I would step back and have a think about what you really want your tank to be first, and then build around that. For example, in my tank thats building up at the moment, I really want to see a big shoal of tetra's flashing around in dark water - thats the image I started with for the tank, and then I've built up from there.

So, tell us about the tank itself - the questions I asked above. Also tell us what you want the tank to be like? Did you pick the gouramis beause they're you're favourite fish? Is it the Betta that you really like?

Steve

Welcome to our forum Sean. The fighter and a couple of kissing gouramis should be fine in most cases. What did you do to cycle your tank? Note: there are links in my signature area that lead to threads for both fishless and fish-in cycling methods. Please read through them before responding here.

Most reactions

Back