Nano Tank

josh_g

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok so ive been keeping freshwater fish for years now. About a year ago i started to set up my first saltwater tank it was 4ft with a 3ft sump I had everything other than rock and salt mix. But then the misses decided she wants to re-decorate and with the new sofas there just wasn't room for a 4ft salty and my 6ft freshwater. So the saltwater had to go :( Now I like the idea of setting up a low tech nano reef, with just a couple of tiny colorful fish and corals. We did have 3 snakehead tanks set up in the bedroom which I have now sold on other than 1. Sooo it seems I finally have room for a small saltwater tank. In your opinions which is the best tank to go with? I was thinking about 10gal. I also want to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks

i was thinking about this aswell. been reading/watching youtube about a kind of walstad nano reef. live rock and like 2 fish. this was 10gal aswell.

some guy had a tank for 6 months and never did a water change or anything loool

yeah I really like the idea of a nano, but I don't want anything to complicated. On youtube alot of people are using fluval edge tanks for there nanos. And they look aweseome. they just opened a maidenhead aquatics 5 mins down the road from me and some of this fish and corals they have in there are just stunning. Let me know if you gunna start your nano tank. Might be easier if we both start one at the same time then we can compare and help each other out a bit. :good:

I wouldn't get a fluval edge - they really aren't set up to be used as a marine. Why not look at one of the systematised ones that is specifically designed for it.

Iv'e never liked the idea of a fluval edge even for freshwater, small tanks tend to be harder to look after IMO and it seems like maintenance on a tank shaped like that would be a pain in the ar$e. Yeah ainsy they have some at maidenhead which are ready to go bit pricey though but nice looking. Think that is the way for me :good: The second one Ryan is stunning would fit in perfect in my newly decorated bedroom :D

Most reactions

Back